Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week BULBs: Management Accept No Liability For Madness That May Occur!

Options
  • 27-02-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

Rightio, so Raggedy Raggedy badger I mean week is less than 2 weeks away. Now if I honest in all and anyways the line up is ****e. Utter ****e. I might go to David Kitt in Java, but only cos its free... I think. So its looking like we're gonna have to make our own craic, Jack.

And what better way to have the craic than have a gathering of computer nerds *cough* I mean comp sysers and other UL peoples who frequent boards! So any idea's ladies and gentlemen? Can we all agree on a date first of all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well I shall be down the friday of said week and frequent the couch of some friends for the remainder of the weekend and Paddys Day also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'll more than likely be down for a day or two as well. I think I should also take this oppurtunity to annoucne a resounding haha for cson and his recent stranding in France (well at least I think it was France, I can't be arsed going to AH and checking the thread).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote: »
    Well I shall be down the friday of said week and frequent the couch of some friends for the remainder of the weekend and Paddys Day also.

This will be my plan of action as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

As I will most likely be working for most/all nights of RAG week it is difficult to pin-point my availability as of yet. Hopefully roster will be posted soon so I will know when/if I'm free for such soirees. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

rmacm wrote: »
    I'll more than likely be down for a day or two as well. I think I should also take this oppurtunity to annoucne a resounding haha for cson and his recent stranding in France (well at least I think it was France, I can't be arsed going to AH and checking the thread).

You'd think it couldn't get any worse Rory, but you'd be wrong. Things turned out far far worse than that. :(

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    You'd think it couldn't get any worse Rory, but you'd be wrong. Things turned out far far worse than that. :(

Bummer ah sure go and get drunk and forget all about it....it's what I'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'll be down for said couch aswell.

The Don wrote: »
    I'll be down for said couch aswell.
    Get yore own couch faeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

i shall be a drunken mess from Sunday to approx 6pm thursday when illl start sobering up as have to drive to a weddin on the friday

We have a guest room in our house. :)

• Advertisement

We have a guest room in our house. :)
    Why is that room not some sort of gaming haven?

Why is that room not some sort of gaming haven?

Cos I don't do Comp Sys? :p

Cos I don't do Comp Sys? :p
    Do no other people play games?

double.u.t.f ?

In my house there are;

1 x Woodwork Teachers
    2 x Laccys
    1 x Sports Science
    1 x Token Business Student
    1 x PE Teacher
    1 x Arts

Now I'm partial to the odd game of Pro Evo and Footy Manager and I love the GTA's but no, I wouldn't actually convert a Guest Room into some gaming mecca with a commode and the whole lot.

Feck sake Kaimera anyway, dragging my shagging thread off topic! So any suggestions on a date for this BULBs?

Do it midweek and then for those around the weekend again we can have another?

Do it midweek and then for those around the weekend again we can have another?

And the Ghettoisation of current Boardsie Ul students continues! :p

It'd be nice if we could just all get together and take over Java (Or the Sports Bar, I swear I just had my nicest pint of Guinness in there last night). Its hard to know when though cos you "Alumni" have to do something called "work"? (sp? I'm not quite sure how you spell it) during the week and us undergrads have to go home at weekends so Mammy can feed us and wash our clothes....:)

Arrrrgh, connundrum!

Yea, it would be nice, I like the sports bar for a few quiet drinks.

I might make an exception and stay a few more days in LIM the following week and meet some people on the tue/wed night.

Let the current students pick a night; forget us alumni; we shall be forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Get yore own couch faeg

If I do it'll be in old #6 and you can make your own breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Since ye wanna go home, how bout we compromise and do it the Thursday after RAG week (the night before Good Friday) since I (and I assume others) are being forced to take a days holidays for it.

Oh dear lord fro onece I'm fafr to drunk to harass anyone be it ninty9er or digiking...I'll trhy overt the weekend....god damtii it am snhif faced (you wouldn't beliveve how long it took to type thiss).

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Since ye wanna go home, how bout we compromise and do it the Thursday after RAG week (the night before Good Friday) since I (and I assume others) are being forced to take a days holidays for it.

Things (by 'things' I mean premises serving alcomahol and suchlike) have to close at midnight on Holy Thursday due to the non-secular nature of our state. As far as I recall anyway (open to correction on this one).
    Oh dear lord fro onece I'm fafr to drunk to harass anyone be it ninty9er or digiking...I'll trhy overt the weekend....god damtii it am snhif faced (you wouldn't beliveve how long it took to type thiss).

Ok.

With regard to when... RAG week is going to be mental every night except maybe Thursday... The week after is an option, but that's the midterm week off so the exodus will have rendered many (ie Cson) back in their mammies' arms...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Things (by 'things' I mean premises serving alcomahol and suchlike) have to close at midnight on Holy Thursday due to the non-secular nature of our state. As far as I recall anyway (open to correction on this one).
    Right you are Blue. Short of getting a train after 12pm there is no way of (legally) buying drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

its also probably known across the country for the day of the biggest house/beach parties...

cooperguy wrote: »
    Right you are Blue.

For some reason when I read this the song, "I'm blue dabadee-dabadi"* came into my head. :rolleyes:

*waits for argument that the lyrics are, in fact, "I'm blue, if I OD'ed I would die" to begin...

With regard to when... RAG week is going to be mental every night except maybe Thursday... The week after is an option, but that's the midterm week off so the exodus will have rendered many (ie Cson) back in their mammies' arms...

Yeah fook sake like, Mammy will be waiting for me mid term. Says I'm not eating "proper" down here. Apparently. So its roast beef and t bone steak for easter week for me. :D

Right, so that leaves us with either sometime next week or just picking a day Rag week?

Decisions, decisions.

Have you damn students got time off after Rag week as well?

ffs, what a life it must be

Have you damn students got time off after Rag week as well?

ffs, what a life it must be

Blatant off topicness by mod shocker! Zomg off to Feedback to fight teh powa!

But yeah, students eh? They'd sicken your ring. :p

Oh dear lord :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Oh dear lord :/

ROFL :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Just saw your post on the main page there Mossin, forget about this little plan of yers. Could be tempted tbh. My original Paddy's day plan has changed and this sounds like a laugh.

Advertisement