Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Trail

Options
  • 27-02-2008 7:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any outdoor fitness trails in Ireland? By that i mean a number of stations set at a distance.

ta

Doh -sorry in wrong forum! How do you feckin delete?

Comments

What forum were you going to post that in, I'd be interested in getting into that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Fitness - doing a project for uni on the Royal Canal & thought a fitness trail would be great! As long as we get rid of all the junkies that is..

There are loads of fitness trails in Oz & even in Paris, I just have never come across one here

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cas_k

Ohhh my gawd.... when you find out the answer will you let me know.. that sounds like a great idea. Ring up DCC and tell them to sort it out. Jez with ideas like that you should be running the country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Isn't there sli na slainte. The have yellow posts every mile so you know how much you walked and when you get to the sart station they have signs up telling you how many minutes it is to walk to various places. http://www.womeninsport.ie/activeliving/active_sli_na_slainte.aspx

EDIT: A trails here doesn't mean a path. Hmm stations set at intervals interesting. Although people would be able to see your wobbly bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I think they have one on the grounds of Trinity, I saw some sit-up stations etc around the rugby and cricket pitches. They are a great idea, I saw them everywhere in Oz too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ThatGal

you could try the coast road and around Howth.........that's some walk...the coast road has those sli na slainte signs too...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Saw something like that in the deer park in mount merrion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

thanks guys :D

If you're interested there have been a few replies in the Fitness forum.

Advertisement