Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch what you wear!

Options
  • 27-02-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2744842.html?menu=

Hot pants

Polish police are baffled after a cyclist was badly burned when his trousers burst into flames.

Mieczyslaw Jasinski, 55, told doctors he smelt burning and looked down to see his trousers had caught fire.

He jumped off his bike and rolled on the ground trying to douse the flames but suffered second degree burns to his legs, back and stomach.

Passers-by spotted him lying at the side of the road in Koroszczyn, still smoking from the tattered remains of his trousers and groaning in pain.

A police spokesman said: "Witnesses said he was like a flaming human torch cycling along the road.

"We do not know how it happened but we have heard that it could have been caused by a reaction between friction as he cycled, sweat and the material of his trousers."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Snapper1 wrote: »
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2744842.html?menu=

Hot pants

Polish police are baffled after a cyclist was badly burned when his trousers burst into flames.

Mieczyslaw Jasinski, 55, told doctors he smelt burning and looked down to see his trousers had caught fire.

He jumped off his bike and rolled on the ground trying to douse the flames but suffered second degree burns to his legs, back and stomach.

Passers-by spotted him lying at the side of the road in Koroszczyn, still smoking from the tattered remains of his trousers and groaning in pain.

A police spokesman said: "Witnesses said he was like a flaming human torch cycling along the road.

"We do not know how it happened but we have heard that it could have been caused by a reaction between friction as he cycled, sweat and the material of his trousers."

It's more likely he cycled through spilt fuel without knowing and then a half lit cigarette butt got picked up by his tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

That's MORE likely?
    _Brian_ wrote: »
    It's more likely he cycled through spilt fuel without knowing and then a half lit cigarette butt got picked up by his tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

_Brian_ wrote: »

way to rob the world of its mystery there brian.

i choose to believe that god smote him. it could happen to YOU. repent. repent now before it's too late!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

niceonetom wrote: »
    i choose to believe that god smote him. it could happen to YOU. repent. repent now before it's too late!!!!

Thou shalt not cycle around with incorrect tyre pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

...and auto-incendiary pants.
    Thou shalt not cycle around with incorrect tyre pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Or it could've been

Thou shalt not wear non-black coloured cycling shorts.

niceonetom wrote: »
    way to rob the world of its mystery there brian.

God is always after me when I'm on my bike ,I never let him get me though:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Or it could've been

Thou shalt not wear non-black coloured cycling shorts.

A commandment clearly not obeyed by the Polish cycling team.

I never heard of the mumps down there ,poor lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

yowzers! I'd be jealous, but I'm sure after all those miles on the bike, they're as sterile as beige mules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

el tonto wrote: »
    A commandment clearly not obeyed by the Polish cycling team.

Do they not have mirrors in Poland? :D

Advertisement