Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practical marking schemes

Options
  • 27-02-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Could someone provide me a link to the marking schemes provided to examiners of the LC Music practicals? I'll had a look around but I cant find it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for that, but those schemes are only for the two written exams. I need the marking scheme used for practicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Hmm, sorry i thought that was it. I can't seem to find a marking scheme for the practical either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

none of the practical marking schemes are made available on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

The practical marking schemes are not available anywhere, not even to teachers. Trust me I know. I am one.

Its pointless thinking about marking schemes when it comes to music practicals. All you can do is choose suitable pieces/songs with the help of your teacher, and play/sing them to the best of your ability.

If you go in to a practical thinking about how you're going to be marked you won't think about the music you're performing, which would be a fatal mistake.

On the day of your practical, go in a perform tp the best of your ability. And don't forget, it a PERFORMANCE exam. So perform.

Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for the help dintbo. The reason I was looking for it was because i wasnt entirely happy with the score i got in my pre-practical so I just wanted to see how I could have gone wrong

Advertisement