Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URL forwarding

Options
  • 27-02-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Doesn't seem to be a lot of action in the web forum so thought I'd try here. I had a great url forwarding site last year and I can't for the life of me remember it.

Essentially I have a home.eircom.... site but obviously I don't want to have to use that all the time. So last year I found a redirect site that I just registered the .com site for $10 and they simply forwarded traffic to my eircom one. Does anyone have a good site that does this quickly and easily?

Thanks
    Graham

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

godaddy.com will do what your looking for

when ur at the checkout for the domain... google "godaddy.com vouchers" and you should get it for at 7$ all in, they do domain forwarding + masking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You could try http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

Never tried it though. I don't think you'd get many free .com domains anymore, you might as well buy one, only costs less than 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Register your domain with anybody who lets you set custom DNS servers. Then setup an account with a DNS provider such as afraid.org (free) who can redirect your web traffic to any URL you want. Works a treat. ;)

Advertisement