Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage commercial - moving database from one computer to another

• 27-02-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering can anyone advise me on this. I have Sage Commercial running on a desktop computer but I am trying to determine what is the correct procedure for moving the database to a laptop running Sage. My intention is to make changes to Sage on the laptop before ultimately moving it back to the desktop.

I clicked on the File menu and backed up the 'dataset' on the desktop computer and then opened the dataset file on the laptop by clicking on restore. Will this method allow me to make changes on the laptop and transfer the dataset file back to the desktop without anything unexpected happening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

It should work - afaik Sage Commercial is a stripped version of Sage Accounts Production which I am quite familiar with. Do extra copies of backup, will not do any harm.

Marty

Disclaimer - any goes wrong don't blame me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Click on companies
    Select the dataset
    Click on back up
    Select the location to back up the dataset to e.g. USB key
    Then back up.

Plug in the USB key to your laptop
    Select companies
    Click on restore
    Select the file from your USB key