Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modding my mk golf

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

KidCapree wrote: »
    lets just say they werent cheap :p Nah i paid 1100 with tyres. Trade discount

What size are they? dont suppose you could get them in 17inch.. any pic of them on your car you could put up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭KidCapree

nah i've no pics yet, they come in 17 as well.. here's a link to the 17s on PerformanceAlloys.com. I find that website very expensive so i only used it for reference when i was lookin at alloys.

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.asp?procedure=wheel&id_wheels='BBS%20LM'&id_wheels_manufacturers='BBS'&id_wheels_sizes='17x7.5'&price='517'&permission=1040448928

Sup guys. got my kit back last night cost 250 to spray it and 40 for the paint just about have half it on now but its raining:( so hope it will clear up so i can finish it.. Should have pics up maybe tomorrow when iv it all on and car washed

Have a few pics here of the kit. It looks way better in life tho;) im happy out with it.. Ah boards only lets ya upload 5 pics at a time so will post the rest in another post..

more pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

very nice lad!! fair play for fittin yourself!!!!

stecleary wrote: »
    very nice lad!! fair play for fittin yourself!!!!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

looks the part very impressed needs lowering now,i know you areset on 17" wheels but the verall package will never look right until you fit 18's"

tossy wrote: »
    looks the part very impressed needs lowering now,i know you areset on 17" wheels but the verall package will never look right until you fit 18's"

I would go for 18" if the car wasnt 1.4 as for lowering it ya il be doing that alright even tho i already had a hit with the front splitter which took off paint.. It cant been seen tho thank god, Im going to get coil overs to lower it.. Any one know any place on the net good at selling back boxes??

If you fork out for decent 18" alloys like BBS or an OEM alloy i.e original R32s not reps then the will be as light as a lesser set of 17" alloys.something to bare in mind,also if you look after them then the will hold there value.so you could sell them independently to the car when you decide to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Looks well, fair play. You should try and get the GTI rear lenses, look so much better IMO

tossy wrote: »
    If you fork out for decent 18" alloys like BBS or an OEM alloy i.e original R32s not reps then the will be as light as a lesser set of 17" alloys.something to bare in mind,also if you look after them then the will hold there value.so you could sell them independently to the car when you decide to change it.
    ya true.. Must price a set of BBS, Any irish web page i could price them on? As i live in a small enough town i doubt they are stcked here

Onkle wrote: »
    Looks well, fair play. You should try and get the GTI rear lenses, look so much better IMO

Cheers, ya must look into gettin a pair of them

Forget about pricing them overhere go to the UK or even as far as ebay.de and you will savw alot.

I wouldnt go near GTI lenses either common as... get some euro spec rears R/C/R/R or USA R32 rears R/S/R/R even get some of the pdated GTI rears from hella which ive never seen over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭KidCapree

yeah looks well lad. Fair play again as well for fitting urself. Stay away from the GTI rear lights. Get the R32 ones off ebay or somewhere, they look savage on red golfs. Here's a pic.

Golf4_RL_rotweiss_170.jpg

As for alloys, stay away from the BBS LM's... i have them, they'd be too nice for u! :p:p

yeah looks well lad. Fair play again as well for fitting urself. Stay away from the GTI rear lights. Get the R32 ones off ebay or somewhere, they look savage on red golfs. Here's a pic.

As for alloys, stay away from the BBS LM's... i have them, they'd be too nice for u! :p:p

must see them on a red golf dont know would red on red be nice..

Nah i wouldnt get BBS LM,s bit too cheap for my baby :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

These are called Pacific lights! Not .:R32 lights. Just so you know :rolleyes:

These are called Pacific lights! Not .:R32 lights. Just so you know :rolleyes:

i was thinking that alright coulnt see them anywhere...

Well... Havnt updated for a bit.. New stuff iv gotten, Euro light switch the one that you can turn on the front fogs with, New front fog lights.

Mud flaps, And hid imitation bulbs, Next thing il be getting now is the alloys hopefully..

Advertisement