Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk2 Punto Airbag light

Options
  • 27-02-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi

I drive a 00 mk2 punto sporting (83,000 milkes)

Airbag light has come on, now the pickle is driving test in a few days, what can i do??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Get the bulb taken out as a quick fix measure and get it fixed properly down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Is this easily done?

Have been told by people that it could be as simple as removing a fuse

Check and see if the fuse is running anything else, I haven't come across airbag lights running off a fuse tbh. Best bet is call to an auto-electrican.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magicjj5

your best bet is to pop the bulb out in the short term, to fix it you have to bring the car to a garage to check the airbag sensors and reset the airbag system memory there is a way do it your self but playing with airbags is a dangerous business.

Do you know how to pop the bulb out?

• Advertisement

I am not sure whereabouts the bulb is on that particular model but if its behind the glass the whole dash(instrument binacle) will have to come out and they simply twist out its an awkward job if you dont remove the steering wheel.

Some of them are soldered in and can't be removed as easy.

some bulbs are hardwired and will need to be cut out and replacements soldered in it makes a simple problem more complicated. If it is the case that bulbs are hardwired in place it is best to get the air bag sensors verified and the system memory reset and avoid going near the bulb altogether.

Right so, shes booked into barrables motors and see what the craic is from there

Got it reset, only took a few minutes, about €50

Problem was a spring in the firing mechanism for the airbag had lost tension so car thought the airbag had already deployed

• Advertisement
Advertisement