Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax question

Options
  • 27-02-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

So I got a car and I need to pay for motor tax now. Dealer told me that I have to wait for transfer of ownership to take place and then I can pay tax. Problem is that tax sticker is valid till January and as much as I understand I should pay it by end of this month....is there any other way around?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ring DOE in shannon and ask them if they got the transfer form.
    Nothing you can do till you get it.

Some dealers can be slow sending them in.

Wouldn't worry too much, keep the invoice in the car or better still stick a photocopy in the windscreen (not showing your name and address of course).

Advertisement