Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My car gets a hangover!

Options
  • 27-02-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

I ahve a 1.3 '00 Lancer, and every cold morning she chugs away for ab out 5 minutes before warming up and driving properly. I thought this was just what cars did on cold mornings, but a friend of mine recently said that there's something more wrong.

When i start the car she takes an extra second to start than if she was warm. If i leave it idle, the revs go down to about 500 and nearly cuts out, which i'm sure it would ahve if i didn't give her some juice to keep her going. If i try and drive her while in this state she's got no accelaration and takes about 5 to 6 seconds to get up to 4,000 revs in 1st.

Is this normal for a '00?

Advertisement