Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Replay Boro - Blades

• 27-02-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Wot no thread?

After a scrappy opening 20 its settled down with Boro playing all the football, Alves looks very handy at times. Downing doing well should have scored and if Boro could head they'd be 3 up anyway.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

or one down thanks to hines, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well its et, but a bloody awful game. Hopefully go to pens now, at least that will be a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hoping Sheff Utd win so I can act all smug when the tabloids lead with "Blades of Glory" tomorrow. I predicted that headline last time out but the fcukers only drew 0-0 so it wouldn't have really worked. Tonights the night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pighead wrote: »
    Hoping Sheff Utd win so I can act all smug when the tabloids lead with "Blades of Glory" tomorrow. I predicted that headline last time out but the fcukers only drew 0-0 so it wouldn't have really worked. Tonights the night though.

i think you're giving them too much credit Pighead. If they win, I predict "Blades put Boro to the sword" or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

oh i reckon if pighead wanted "blades of glory" in a newspaper he could make it happen.

:p

kdjac

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i think you're giving them too much credit Pighead. If they win, I predict "Blades put Boro to the sword" or something to that effect.
    I think we're both giving them too much credit actually Rebel. They'll probably end up going for something like
    "Sheff Utd scrape through in turgid non event"

Bah there goes my tabloid headline. Paddy Kenny own goal. Revised headline.
    Blades Kenny believe it. Thats shit actually unless you're Scottish. Really need a Sheff Utd comeback here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Burgerboy really dropped a clanger there.

Bah there goes my tabloid headline. Paddy Kenny own goal. Revised headline.
    Blades Kenny believe it. Thats shit actually unless you're Scottish. Really need a Sheff Utd comeback here.

how about "Kenny not sharp enough for the blades"

• Advertisement

Or maybe I'll go with "Kenny not sharp enough for the blades" Thats not a bad one I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How about "I 'Kenny' Belive It!" The Sun (Scottish ed)

Mike.

Right I've finally settled for my headline. I've plumped for
    "Baddy Kenny gets shit kicked out of him by irate teammates after farcical OG"
    http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00232/ed_imgSNN1627E3G_54_232399a.jpg

Ok it mightn't be the snappiest headline in the world but the picture gives it a certain je ne sais quoi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"Flappin eck! Kenny ever stop making goalkeeping gaffes?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

God that was a bad couple of games between those two teams and the goal just summed it all up completely.

Saddy Paddy and Calamity Kenny were the actual headlines in the end. Both rubbish if you ask me. They're just not putting in th eeffort anymore.

Saddy Paddy and Calamity Kenny were the actual headlines in the end. Both rubbish if you ask me. They're just not putting in th eeffort anymore.

checked myself this morning in the canteen as well. Wasn't impressed. Was thinking after, i'd have gone for the lovely

"Hari Kari Kenny ensures Blades fall on their own sword"

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    checked myself this morning in the canteen as well. Wasn't impressed. Was thinking after, i'd have gone for the lovely

"Hari Kari Kenny ensures Blades fall on their own sword"
    Thats beautiful actually. Way too good for the crummy tabloids. That belongs in your Guardians, Times etc.

Thats beautiful actually. Way too good for the crummy tabloids. That belongs in your Guardians, Times etc.

thanks, high praise indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tabloid Footie Headlines would be a fun sticky thread.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Tabloid Footie Headlines would be a fun sticky thread.

Mike.

I tried gettin one going a while back here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128757

Didn't really take off, might have been before its time though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Silly bugger, what a way to go out.........

Advertisement