Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, whats your secret??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

My grandmother only ever used soap and water and oil of ulay, (you know the old fashioned one - pink liquid). Her skin was amazing up until the day she died at 85.

I heard a tip from this crazy Italian chic in a Beauty Salon in New York last year. She said the best thing for the skin is semen. After her husband ejaculates she smears it all over her face and it goes really hard, leaves it bout 10 mins and wahes it off. Gross I know, but I actually tried it and my skin felt fantastic afterwards.

Other half keeps saying my skin looks dull lately:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

My grandmother only ever used soap and water and oil of ulay, (you know the old fashioned one - pink liquid). Her skin was amazing up until the day she died at 85.

I heard a tip from this crazy Italian chic in a Beauty Salon in New York last year. She said the best thing for the skin is semen. After her husband ejaculates she smears it all over her face and it goes really hard, leaves it bout 10 mins and wahes it off. Gross I know, but I actually tried it and my skin felt fantastic afterwards.

I'll bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Eww......! so that's why men say it's good for your skin for then to em (how do I put this delicately?!) give you a pearl necklace, shall we say!

Haha

I must try this :D
    Oil of Man vs. Oil of Olay - Haha
    http://satanosphere.com/story/2003/10/22/124231/39

Tbh, I've also heard that semen acts as an antidepressant. I know from personal experience that I'm happier when getting my recommended daily allowance. I don't know if it's from swallowing semen or from having a healthy sex life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Eurgh, I'd rather have wrinkles!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Eurgh, I'd rather have wrinkles!

ROFL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Ok girls can anyone help?!

I get patches of really sore/itchy red skin at the corners of my nose!

NOTHING gets rid of them!

Also does anyone know anything good for acne scars? I only have a few marks on my forehead and temples but sometimes they look quite big like proper indents!

:D it is only good for your skin if you swallow and the BF wouldn't be able to keep up supplied on his own.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I put vaseline on my eye lashes at night to condition them.. Got that from someone in the Gaelteacht years ago and since then they've been really long and healthy so I won't question it...

Ok girls can anyone help?!

I get patches of really sore/itchy red skin at the corners of my nose!

NOTHING gets rid of them!

Also does anyone know anything good for acne scars? I only have a few marks on my forehead and temples but sometimes they look quite big like proper indents!

Bio-Oil. Its great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

maple wrote: »
    Bio-Oil. Its great.

Yep, have heard rave reviews about Bio-Oil. I tried it for a while but I have no patience and gave up, I didn't like how oily and greasy it was either (well it would be, being oil!) I still have it so might try it again. Look up all the reviews it gets online and it looks like a miracle cure. Have patience with it though, you won't see an improvement overnight.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Yep, have heard rave reviews about Bio-Oil. I tried it for a while but I have no patience and gave up, I didn't like how oily and greasy it was either (well it would be, being oil!) I still have it so might try it again. Look up all the reviews it gets online and it looks like a miracle cure. Have patience with it though, you won't see an improvement overnight.

Leave it on over night missus instead of during the day. Prevents the deep fat frier greasy look.

Elizabeth Arden's 8hour cream is great as well for giving your skin a moisture boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think genetics play a huge part. I have seen people 20 years younger who are more haggard looking than my Mum and her sisters. And none of them have ever used anything other than soap, and a bit of Oil of Ulay from their late 40's on.

Course I wouldn't inherit that! :rolleyes:

How much do you think your open pores have improved?
    Have to say Moonbaby, in the case of my mother and aunt they have identical skin - typically Irish. Both smoked; mother gave up in her 30's, my aunt in her 40's.

But my mother always cleansed and moisturised. When she got older (45+) she started buying expensive creams and getting treatments done for broken capilleries etc. But the difference is amazing.

I was looking at my pores this morning and they really have closed up a lot since using the serum. They used to look like I could step into them at times they were so open. I ordered the clinique pore treatment lotion off Strawberry.net and am waiting for it to arrive. The md formulations lotion is the best thing ever though. I'd highly recommend it.

Anyone with enlarged pores and sensitive skin has got to admit that the difference is amazing when you are disciplined enough to look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

LouOB wrote: »
    where can you get this miracle Euricyn cream - those bumps on my arms drive me batty
    Any boots will sell it. Put it on every day for a week and bang those bumps are gone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

After a night on the town, take two tablespoons out of the freezer and rest them on your eyes for 10 minutes. Completely gets rid of puffy, dark circled eyes!

I use hair conditioner on my legs when shaving, if i've run out of shaving foam. Its fantastic.

After washing your face, rinse in cold water to close the pores and tighten the facial muscles.

Put Vaseline on the rim of your nail varnish bottles. Stops the lid getting stuck closed when nail varnish dries on it.

If you feel a spot coming up, or if it has come up already, put toothpaste or milk of magnesia on it the night before. Will take the swelling away. If you have a spot that you've had to pop, put tee tree oil on it. Acts like an antiseptic.

Advertisement