Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I lost the log book and I do not know how to get a new one to tax my car for the first time and the tax is up. I know its somewhere in Shannon but who?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

my god but that was fast. I really appreciate it. Thanks very much for the link. Can someone please advise who it is in Shannon I bring this to? Any phone number? Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

go to your local cop station and fill out a RF134 lost log book form, get it signed and stamped by a guard and send it to DOE in shannon or to the local motor tax office - I think it's €12 or so for the replacement.

p.s. Bring some ID

Is DOE = Department of Environment? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The DOE address should be somewhere on the form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jtiernan wrote: »
    Is DOE = Department of Environment? Thanks
    Yes, correct.

I did this recently and DOE website said to send it to the local motor tax office in Dublin. Don't know if this applies outside Dub though.
    Just checked - sent them chq for €12.

Yes I found it on google. Thanks very much for your help lads. How long did it take to get it sorted for you?

bazz26 wrote: »
    The DOE address should be somewhere on the form.

Dept. of the environment, Shannon, Co. Clare

It's on every bit of paper you get from them!

jtiernan wrote: »
    Yes I found it on google. Thanks very much for your help lads. How long did it take to get it sorted for you?
    about 2 weeks.

stevec, stekelly and bazz26. Thanks a million for your help. I really appreciate it. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement