Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it a small claims issue?

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

A friend bought a 1995 car 18 months ago. The dealer said it was never in a crash. But when my friend went to trade it to another dealer recently he was told it was in a crash and the front had ben damaged and repaired. The buying dealer said my friend had been overcharged by about 400 euro. In other words it was worth less to the buyer dealer because of the crash, the result of which is not really obvious to the average person but is to the buyer dealer. And the lever that opens the bonnet after it is 'pulled' from inside had to be repaired.

He went back to the selling dealer who said an small tip would not matter on an old car like that and the buying dealer was bullsh1tting.

The selling dealer said he would trade it against a different car but would not say how much he would allow for the crash and would not accept he had overcharged.

My friend says he will not trade to the selling dealere against a different car because he has no way of knowing if the selling dealer would just put on 400 euro o the price to make it appear like he had taken it off. This dealer is a slippery fast talking sleaze and my friend reckons a small claim would be the only way to get satisfaction. He has written a letter to the selling dealer saying he wants the 400 euro or will take small claims action but he has not mailed the letter yet.What say you folks?

Advertisement