Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Aux In Location?

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a new Passat Estate 2.0 Tdi Comfortline model. I presumed that there would be an AUX In connection that I could use for a MP3 player but I haven't been able to locat it in the car, if it even has one that is.

DOes anyone know where it might be? I have been told that it might be in either the armrest or in the glove box but I haven't seen it there. Am I missing something or does it not have one?

If it doesn't have one then how do I connect an AUX In cable to the radio without pulling off the dash? Is there an easy way to do it?

ALso, there is a bluetooth connection to the radio for my phone if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Hi There, I don't think you will find an aux in socket. In the U.K. it is a £25 extra. In Ireland it is not available. I've had to pay €330 for an Ipod connection that fits in the glovebox.

Ridiculous price I know, but I can control the Ipod through the car stereofrom the steering wheel. Thats the only advantage in forking out that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't think there is straight forward AUX input. You may require an adaptor loom for the rear of the radio.

What does the manual say about AUX input? If it says nothing then your only solution may be to use the input for the multi CD player. It should be possible, but will require a special wiring harness adapter at the very least.

Give your local car stereo shop a call and see what they say.

www.safesounds.ie know their stuff - try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Hey there,
    I doubt you'll find an auxiliary input in the passat. Went through the same thing in the US last summer in the ex-girlfriend's parent's car. It was a top of the range 3.6L V6 with all the gizmos but when we wanted to hook the mp3 up there was nowhere to connect it.

Advertisement