Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy king of radio

• 27-02-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Joe Duffy is king of the radio.Everyone listens to his show.Must be the most popular show in Ireland by a mile.Great stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well there we have it, joe duffy is a member of boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

I'm a fan,just like the vast majority of the nation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

berliner wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is king of the radio.Everyone listens to his show.Must be the most popular show in Ireland by a mile.Great stuff.

Thanks for that.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    You're welcome.Have a nice day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is there a Queen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Joe Duffy is awesome

Is there a Queen?
    Nah,unfortunately there's only king Joe who rules the airways all on his ownsome.All hail Joe!!!

Joe Duffy is awesome
    Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Joe Duffy is the pensioners Jerry Ryan.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is the pensioners Jerry Ryan.
    Not just the pensioners,Joe is everyone's favourite.He's what makes Ireland a great nation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

The trolls favourite more like

jimbo78 wrote: »
    The trolls favourite more like
    Yes indeed,Trolls ,pensioners...everyone is a fan of King Joe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Is there a Queen?

george hook.
    Yes indeed,Trolls ,pensioners...everyone is a fan of King Joe!!

while this thread is a waste of time, i did laugh at this post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

I'm a fan,just like the vast majority of the nation.

Even funnier - LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Astonishing. Just astonishing.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Is there a Queen?

Derek Mooney???

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Derek Mooney???

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

*Tips hat* :D Good day to you sir

Xavi6 wrote: »
    *Tips hat* :D Good day to you sir
    I second that emotion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Not just the pensioners,Joe is everyone's favourite.He's what makes Ireland a great nation.

The Duffer is a self seeking arsewhole..continually playing the Ballyfermot "man o the people" card - while making sure not to live anywhere near there..fcukin gutt on im like a stout barrel

• Advertisement

The Duffer is a self seeking arsewhole..continually playing the Ballyfermot "man o the people" card - while making sure not to live anywhere near there..fcukin gutt on im like a stout barrel
    Yeah right,He's still the king.Rock on Joe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Rock on Joe!!!

I agree.

Preferably a very big rock.

Dropped from a very big height.

orestes wrote: »
    I agree.

Preferably a very big rock.

Dropped from a very big height.
    Damn, I left our hero wide open to that scurrilous attack.Don't worry King Joe, I'll be more vigilant for anymore scallywags like this one in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sf147

Love Joe Duffy too, but who is that clown who hosts the show when Joe is off?
    He is unbearable, and incredibly patronising to listen to. I wonder what possessed RTE to think that this guy would be an adequate replacement for Joe. Then again this is the channel that has given us Derek Mooney and the king of patronising his audience.. Tubbers.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Always sounds like a moaning aul one when I hear him.

Pay Kenny must be the queen...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You do somtimes get the immpression listening to some of these radio people that they are removed from some realities with their '' oh god that's horrible '' or '' '' isnt that shocking '' as if they have just discoverd that the world in general is a bad place to be at times .........

How many other radio /tv celebs live still in their original area town or village ? Is he the only one ? whay should he want to live in ballyfermot when like anybody else who get s the chance live somewere better he can ? It's like saying to a milionaire lotto winner dont leave your lil house in ballyfermot/crumlin/finglas or werever ,just stay were you are ? thay have the choice but why would they want to ?

latchyco wrote: »
    You do somtimes get the immpression listening to some of these radio people that they are removed from some realities with their '' oh god that's horrible '' or '' '' isnt that shocking '' as if they have just discoverd that the world in general is a bad place to be at times .........
    Can't say that about Joe,he's a man of the people if ever there was one.He knows what it's like not to have an arse on your trousers.

Can't say that about Joe,he's a man of the people if ever there was one.He knows what it's like not to have an arse on your trousers.

Yes he does indeed and some people dont seem to appriciate that he is just one of thousends of tv/radio people who came from less well off backgrounds and did well for themselfs . Look at Ophra winfry (spelling ) , richest womon in america apparently and nobody harps on about her poor background .

• Advertisement

Yes he does indeed and some people dont seem to appriciate that he is just one of thousends of tv/radio people who came from less well off backgrounds and did well for themselfs . Look at Ophra winfry (spelling ) , richest womon in america apparently and nobody harps on about her poor background .
    Totally agree with you.I think their is a little hidden class thing going on in this knocking Joe duffy.:cool:

Totally agree with you.I think their is a little hidden class thing going on in this knocking Joe duffy.:cool:

Most definitely so , with a tint of irish begrudgery thrown in to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

How many other radio /tv celebs live still in their original area town or village ? Is he the only one ? whay should he want to live in ballyfermot when like anybody else who get s the chance live somewere better he can ? It's like saying to a milionaire lotto winner dont leave your lil house in ballyfermot/crumlin/finglas or werever ,just stay were you are ? thay have the choice but why would they want to ?

Good Afthernewnn ! as the great Duffer would whine - no problem with the bhollox livin where ever he likes,,,but let him leave out the Im from Ballyer bit --also dosn't say too much about his lefty politics as a student now that he is one of the fat(Literally) cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TJ and TJ team on Matt Coopers show are doing a Joe Duffy parody.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    TJ and TJ team on Matt Coopers show are doing a Joe Duffy parody.

Mike.
    Those "comedy" sketches on the last word are really dreadful.not funny at all.

Good Afthernewnn ! as the great Duffer would whine - no problem with the bhollox livin where ever he likes,,,but let him leave out the Im from Ballyer bit --also dosn't say too much about his lefty politics as a student now that he is one of the fat(Literally) cats
    But he is from ballyfermot,why should he deny that? Joe is a superb broadcaster.He'd be fine with you if he was from foxrock.Damn uppty working class types getting ideas above their station.This country is so class ridden it's hard to believe it's still not part of the United Kingdom.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I like Joe on Liveline, when he was starting out on the GB show I did not like him.

I still haven't heard a fill person that I liked, I wonder dose RTE ever trawl the Irish airwaves in a search of talent. If you have anyone that could do a good fill in please tell me their name and station even a url to them would be nice.

But as berliner says why ? Why should he deny being from ballyfermot ?
    he is not ashamed and i do recall reading about his student days in trinity were he was treated terribly simply because of were he was from .He got were he is through ambition talent and the efforts of his hard working parents . Sure dont the 'wimmins ' just love joe .
    But he is from ballyfermot,why should he deny that? Joe is a superb broadcaster.He'd be fine with you if he was from foxrock.Damn uppty working class types getting ideas above their station.This country is so class ridden it's hard to believe it's still not part of the United Kingdom.:mad:

I wouldent worry to much . Joe is only in the same club as the i hate Bono/Geldof /G byrne / brigade and a couple of hundred other irish celebs.Only difference is joe's roots seem to give some more to hold against him than others . I mean i have always hated that pretenious south west county dublin nasel drawl of geldofs but i wouldent hold it against the bhollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

South East surely, isn't he from Blackrock???

Yeah south east blackrock

Advertisement