Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Smashing Pumpkins song and video

• 27-02-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Superchrist

Check it out, the latest song from Billy and co. What's everyones opinions of what they're up to these days? Personally I love Zeitgiest, even if the dynamics of their previous albums was sacrificed a bit. There's some great songs on it.

Comments

What are these "great songs"???

Personally I felt that Zeitgeist was a complete dissapointment.

The only acceptably good songs on that album would be... Bleeding the Orchid and That's The Way.. I absoloutely despise doomsday clock and 7 shades of black.. like really.. what are they doing there?! And For God and Country = a lyrical mess.

Ahh.. It just isint the same with this line-up.

Like superchrist though.. Yeah really really good! Jimmy Chamberlain is an amazing drummer!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

From the new album I really like Neverlost, Thats the Way, BTO, 7 Shades, Doomsday Clock, Starz (opinions are mixed on this one to say the least) and Tarantula.

The best song written at the time didn't even make it on the album (as is often the way with the Pumpkins), this is Gossamer:

click me

That song alone should prove that Billy still has it and should excite even the most skeptical of SP fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well that was sh*te.

Zeitgeist is alright. Has some decent songs on it, some not so decent songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Terrible video, very boring, just like the Song. That B-side Gossamer was pretty good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

God I hate Lurches whining voice its cuts straight through me. Jimmy Chamberlin is a fantastic drummer and needs to jump ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Utter Crap.

He obviously went & had a listen to Pastichio Medley & picked out 2 reject riffs from 14 years previous, played them over & over again for 8 minutes & hey presto you've a Smashing Pumpkins song.

Bollocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Its pretty lame and boring......although i couldnt listen to it for more than 3 mins, because of how boring it was, and also because of the health board anti-cocaine add that kept makin a "POP" ballon sound...........aaahhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Fairly bollocks song. I hate when bands jam with the one riff repeatedly for minutes on end. When the singing finally came in it was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Couldn't listen to it all, so so boring.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

FunkZ wrote: »
    Fairly bollocks song. I hate when bands jam with the one riff repeatedly for minutes on end. When the singing finally came in it was ****e.

You must despise the Velvet Undergroud so! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement