Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nascar

• 27-02-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching it this weather. Watched the Daytona 500 last weekend. I have to say the coverage from Fox is excellent. Really showing the ins and outs of the new car they're racing this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

There are so many different versions, NASCAR, Busch, COT etc.. i never know what i'm watching but i know i stayed up till 2.00am watching something from Homestead the other night. Pretty good, i do enjoy watching it.

I remember watching JPM's COT win lastyear on one of the road courses, good racing. They look like bags of sh1te to drive on a road circuit though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Ive been partial to it alright, Ive been lucky enough to work with some CTS cars/teams too. Races are very long but the last few laps are usually pretty exciting and its pretty rare anybody can predict the winner at a given race accrurately.
    nikimere wrote:

I remember watching JPM's COT win lastyear on one of the road courses, good racing. They look like bags of sh1te to drive on a road circuit though!!

JPM wiped the board last year at that road race (forget the track), he wasnt far off winning Daytona either this year. But yea, its kinda funny watching them race around a "road" track. JV did some CTS races last year, I think hes running Sprint this year, should be interesting to see how he does.

What I like about the NASCAR series is that it fairly pure technologically, a bit like karts in that sense. No overly fancy metallics or composites, no computer intervention between driver and car. Sure technology is used in development, but once it gets out on the track, the most complicated electronic part is the radio hehe.

Have your tried NR2003 niki?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Have your tried NR2003 niki?
    O/T: I haven't tried NR2003, but i did play the one that was out before it.
    I saw yesterday a copy of NR2003 selling for $110! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I saw Montoyas win last year as well. That was easily the most enjoyable Nascar race I have seen. They should have more track races.

Did anyone see Will Ferrells Nascar film Taladega Nights. He was praying to "baby Jesus", thanking him for his sons, Walker and Texas Ranger.
    Classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Jor wrote: »
    Did anyone see Will Ferrells Nascar film Taladega Nights. He was praying to "baby Jesus", thanking him for his sons, Walker and Texas Ranger.
    Classic!

That film is the reason I laugh my tits off every time I hear Dale Junior speaking! I think the track souper was thinking of was infineon maybe. Those cars look like a pile of fun to drive around tightish tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'll watch it if I catch in on telly. I tend to watch most 4 wheel motorsports. Nice way to pass a few hours.

Advertisement