Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia & Computer Games Development

Options
  • 27-02-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys doing the LC next year but just wondering if anyone is doing this course atm ?

can anyone tell me what you do ? as in multimedia ?

is it very maths intensive and do you find it intresting ,also do you find the course well structured and also what do you think off Ul good for the ladies :)

thanks,
    andy

http://www.qualifax.ie/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=13391&CSH_ID=18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

If you've got an questions on the Computer Science aspects of the course myself or the multitude of current/former Comp Sys people will be able to answer them for you. On the maths end of things you'll be able to get by on pass level LC maths for most of it although higher level is probably an advantage for some of the more difficult stuff.

Definitely keep up with the maths in 1st year though you'll more than likely end up using some of it in later modules e.g. Matrices is/was covered in one of the Computer Maths modules and if you get a good grip on it there it'll be useful in the Computer Graphics module. Data Structures & Algorithms is also pretty heavy when it comes to maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

thanks for the info just wondering if anyone who has done the coruse found it well structerd compared to the IT's that do it.Also did you find the course intresting.i feel that i will be allright the maths side since Im doing HL now and it not too bad.

also what does multimedia cover ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

for starts, lots of the people that did the comp science course, wish they had the option to do the games develope,ent course when they came to ul. hope that little snippet of info helps.

Advertisement