Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wagon Wheels

• 27-02-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I wanted my Mam to send some of these over to me in the US but she said they can't be found, tried SuperValu and a few Tescos nearby and no joy. Any ideas? :(

wagonwheels.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Dunnes Stores had them last time I was there! (a few weeks ago!) Saw them in Aldi one time too.

If anyone knows where to get the jammy ones, I'll be eternally grateful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Have a pack within arms reach here:D. Got them in Centra in UCD. Am fairly sure I've seen them in most places around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Queen wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores had them last time I was there! (a few weeks ago!) Saw them in Aldi one time too.

If anyone knows where to get the jammy ones, I'll be eternally grateful!

Thanks, will get checking. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can get them in the bigger Euro Spars aswell Ruu, got some there last week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

/peels eyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

What about the toffee ones? they were savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The 2 euro shop in dun laoghaire has them, the one near the church across from easons, 9 bad boys for €2, loads of cheap bars there. Peanut butter kit-kats, 5 for €2, gorgeous yokes. 200g milkas and toblerones €2. Everything is well in date too.

I have seen them in other €2 shops have them too, in town
    these over to me in the US
    They are made by burtons AFAIK, a uk company

EDIT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Ruu wrote: »
    I wanted my Mam to send some of these over to me in the US but she said they can't be found, tried SuperValu and a few Tescos nearby and no joy. Any ideas? :(

wagonwheels.jpg

Have you not tried Moon Pies?
    moonpie.jpg

I had heard of Moon Pies, so I had to try them, and I was disappointed that they were just like wagon wheels!!!

Seen them a few times but only in petrol stations really. Cheers will take a trip later, thanks. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it just me, or are Wagon Wheels another old favourite which don't taste as good as I remember them to be?

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are Wagon Wheels another old favourite which don't taste as good as I remember them to be?

I find the same thing. Dunno if they changed the recipie or if my taste buds have changed. I like lots of food that I used to hate now, perhaps your taste buds do change over time.

What I have eaten recently that tastes like what I thought wagon wheels did was tunnocks tea cakes. Get them in dunnes, dunno what other supermarkets.

Tunnocks%20-%20Milk%20Chocolate%20Tea%20Cakes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

They still have Wagon Wheels in SuperQuinn as well!

rubadub - Tunnocks Tea Cakes = teh sex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

offer in tesco 2 packs for €2 i think...boxes and boxes of em in ashbourne ;)

rubadub wrote: »
    Tunnocks%20-%20Milk%20Chocolate%20Tea%20Cakes.jpg

*drool* love those!:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just got some Wagon Wheels in Tesco after reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Oh yeah, those tunnocks tea cakes are the best, haven't had some in ages though. Must look out for them!

Faith wrote: »
    I just got some Wagon Wheels in Tesco after reading this thread.

Yeah, got my 12 for €2, with my usual plane, "now just have one a day", should last almost 2 weeks. Had 3 down me on the walk home! only 8 left at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tescos have Wagon Wheels on special at the moment it seems - saw it in the ones in Tallaght and Dundrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not sure on specials, but saw some in Dunnes today on Georges Street I think it was(near Waltons music store anyway) in the middle of town(Dublin). Didnt look at prices though. Also had Jammy ones at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

Here lies the danger of reading this forum after drinking a few beers. I am now craving wagon wheels, and as I've had a couple of pints there is absolutely nothing I can do about it right now.

(nearest shop is 1 mile but its snowing out right now, so bugger that!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement