Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction kit or panel filter?

Options
  • 27-02-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Yo guys,

Slightly new to the modding world as regards to cars. I've read a bit and researched a bit more. Now i know an air filter/induction kit won't turn my car into a rocket. But something will be better than nothing. I have a 1.4 2006 peugeot 206. If the HP gain from a filter is just the same as an induction kit then i'm guessing the filter would be the best way to go? I've heard that hot air from the engine can get into the induction kit intake and pretty much cancel out the effect of the cold air coming in?

Also what else can i do to increase my HP on a 1.4 peugeot 206??

Thanks a bucket load guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Best you could hope for with a 1.4 206 and a performance air filter would be around 1HP 2 Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

the whole point of an induction kit is to reduce the amount of hot air getting in which will then boost your hp. and air filter is a good way. the best way would be a forced cold air induction kit, that would give you 7-10 hp extra i think.

you could also decat the car if your looking to head down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

7-10HP Gain on a car that would barely output 80Bhp? Not a chance!

The only difference that you would actually notice on this car is that its louder...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    7-10HP Gain on a car that would barely output 80Bhp? Not a chance!

The only difference that you would actually notice on this car is that its louder...

+1

its pointless on a car like that, noise is all it would do, save your money and get a proper performance car when you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

draffodx wrote: »
    +1

its pointless on a car like that, noise is all it would do, save your money and get a proper performance car when you can

sounds like a good idea dude. thanks for the advise guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

my friend put an induction kit onto his car, he only has a toyota corolla saloon 1.4 and i thought it made a big difference, the rev ranges seemed longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

roakey wrote: »
    my friend put an induction kit onto his car, he only has a toyota corolla saloon 1.4 and i thought it made a big difference, the rev ranges seemed longer.

it will give a better throttle response but very little extra power and as the op mentioned it may actually lose power if its an open cone one that just soaks in hot air

Advertisement