Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Silvia, importing

Options
  • 27-02-2008 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

just looking at importing from japan and ive a few questions...

whats the story with all the diffrent chassis numbers? i can find very little information online, im looking for a non-turbo...

usually cars in japan are graded but the ones from this website dont seem to be http://www.tradecarview.com something to be worried about??

what charges are involved? import duties? registering? tax? shipping? ect ect

i know a small bit about how it works but ive heard alot of diffrent things and i just want somebody to explain it out clearly to me, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

www.motoright.ie

that is the best site i think for importing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

yeah i was in there yesterday, there pretty sound, prices arnt bad but just tought i could get it cheaper myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

just looking at importing from japan and ive a few questions...

whats the story with all the diffrent chassis numbers? i can find very little information online, im looking for a non-turbo...

usually cars in japan are graded but the ones from this website dont seem to be http://www.tradecarview.com something to be worried about??

what charges are involved? import duties? registering? tax? shipping? ect ect

i know a small bit about how it works but ive heard alot of diffrent things and i just want somebody to explain it out clearly to me, thanks :)

Dude,

Why the hell would you want a non turbo Silvia????? For insurance reasons maybe? Coz you'll never sell it on, non turbo = no fun!:eek:

The Silvia has alot of different varients, the best being the Spec R. AFAIK they go S13, 14 & 15 with alot of Sil80's, 180's, OneVia's etc along the way.

What year was the car you're thinking about importing? You'd want to have it on a vessel pretty quickish in order to evade the ridiculous tax/vrt duties after July, thanks to the likes of that wan*er Gormley who really doesn't give a flyin' fcuk about the environment but pretends to.

I've purchased through tradecarview before. They don't grade coz they're the Jap equivalent to the likes of autotrader etc. Perhaps ask them to give you a grade maybe on the car you're interested in though?

The shipping/tax/import duties/registering thing has been flogged to death at this stage. Try a search on this site alone. It's way to late @ night or early in the morn for me to try to explain.

Good luck in your import though. Let us know how ya get on, post a few pics etc.

It'll be worth it to get the car you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

just noticed it was silvia, my friend has a 02 spec r for sale, some machine, few minor mods done, induction kit, defi gauges in the dash and controller.

Link?

• Advertisement

yeah its purely for insurance reasons, once they hear turbo there isnt a chance, the SR20DE still has 163bhp i think so with induction, exhaust and a few little things it will have a fair bit of poke, and the sr20 is knowan to be a good engine from what ice heard, plenty of options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

I am also considering the import of a s15 sylvia. If i was to import after 1st july, who would the non turbo and turb varients fit into the co2 bracket?

yeah its purely for insurance reasons, once they hear turbo there isnt a chance, the SR20DE still has 163bhp i think so with induction, exhaust and a few little things it will have a fair bit of poke, and the sr20 is knowan to be a good engine from what ice heard, plenty of options

Yup. I had a 180SX (SR20DET). Those engines are highly tuneable to say the least. The list is endless to what one can do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Some of the cars are graded, at the bottom of the page where it goes through the cars spec, but just like someone has said its because they are the equivilant to the likes of Autotrader, email the person selling the car, they seemed very helpful to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

www.sxoc.co.uk

A lot of people selling up in England due to fuel costs. Research the car there and what it takes to maintain one (PROPERLY!) or it will break you and eat your wallet and make you cry.

Non-turbo are allot easier to maintain but there allot slower two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thesoulfuldood = steven?

get ur ass back on 12oz!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    thesoulfuldood = steven?

get ur ass back on 12oz!

errr stephen? thats not my name but im on 12oz.... how random?????

yeh i know ur on 12oz.

i thought sum1 else was usin ur username on 12oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

whats 12oz?

its a secret ;)

Does anyone know if there is any extra fees to be paid if i buy a car from Japan, i'm looking at selling my n/a mr2 and buying a tubby from tradecarview, i have been given a price of the car of 3000 + shipping, which i think is between 3 and 400. When i used one of the import agancies they said it would cost be 5995 +vrt... Do i have to pay any taxes or any other fees other than vrt?????

-Import Duty
    -A customs clearance agent
    -VRT
    -Road Tax

-Import Duty
    -A customs clearance agent
    -VRT
    -Road Tax

Ye import duty is 10% of what i paid is that right? VRT is close to 2 grand, tax is another 500. What is the customs clearance agent?

They fill out all the legal paperwork and deal with Customs for you as Customs dont like to deal with the public. I can give you the details of one to get pricing. They also claimed to have "Secure storage" (balls) and fuel at the docs.

If you have a TAN number you dont have to worry.

I can walk you through my experience if you want to pm me for my mail address.

They fill out all the legal paperwork and deal with Customs for you as Customs dont like to deal with the public. I can give you the details of one to get pricing. They also claimed to have "Secure storage" (balls) and fuel at the docs.

If you have a TAN number you dont have to worry.

I can walk you through my experience if you want to pm me for my mail address.

yeah man send me your email or email me, thesoulfulldude@gmail.com i think im going to go and do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement