Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro insulation of bay window (internally)

• 28-02-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Lads, Im looking to see if anybody can best advise on how to sort out a small problem I have. I have a bay window (3 bed semi) in my sitting room and that part of the room is MUCH colder than the rest of the room, it is obvious that the insulation in the walls under the windows and at the side of the bay window is crap im also sure that there is very little (if any) insulation in the ceiling part of the bay window.

I was going to rip off all the plasterboard and use rockwool but this is going to be very messy and awkward, would it be possible to fill the gap between the internal wall & the plasterboard with poly beads (or similar) and could somebody recommend a contractor based in dublin. I know its a very small job but it would save me a bigggg DIY job so I dont mind paying for it if this is the best way to go about it.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers
    Alan

Advertisement