Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running clubs

• 28-02-2008 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Are there running clubs in Dublin? HOw fit would I have to be to join one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Are there running clubs in Dublin? HOw fit would I have to be to join one?

There are plenty. Check out the sticky at the top of the forum. Most clubs will welcome all-comers. Many have dedicated sections for newcomers/funrunners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slogger

most clubs cater for all levels.try www.runireland.com to see the nearest club to you.great to see so many people out running lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slogger

clubs cater for most levels.try www.runireland.com to se ethe closest club to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

If in city centre try Crusaders AC in Irishtown, by all accounts they have a great crew on Tuesday & Thursday and it caters for all grades - beginners to elite.

Northside - try Clonliffe Harriers or Raheny Shanrocks

All clubs have websites with contacts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Peckham

If, by any chance, you're a TCD graduate, then it's worth joining their club. You'll need to join the sports centre first as an alumni, but the facilities are excellent and they have some form of training everyday that you can attend as you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

HOw fit would I have to be to join one?

Not fit at all. Most clubs will cater for new runners, have run/walk programmes etc. have loads of different standards. Go for it.

Advertisement