Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted egging!

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Had to post this straight away! So i was walking back from Wilton just now and i was just past Dennehys cross before the bus stop outside Farranlea Hall(where i live) and i noticed these bluey lights coming behind me slowly and i knew something was gonna happen.Like a 6th sense or something:D Next thing i knew 3 eggs were pathetically thrown at me.One got me in the leg, one landed in my jacket pocket and the other landed perfectly in my hand which was down by the side of the leg.Weird huh?

So i threw the egg that was in my hand and shouted "GET A LIFE" and it hit the back window im glad to report.The car just kept speeding on.

You know this isn't the 1st time ths has happened on the Wilton Rd. My friend has been egged numerous times but they always miss him.2 weeks ago i saw these 2 girls get hit in the back.It destroyed their coats.And most mornings you can actually see broken eggs on the pavement!!

So beware walking Wilton Rd at night time

****ing scumbag boyracers need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This happened to me in limerick once too.
    Incredibly though it hit me ridiculously hard on the back, it bounced down onto the ground and survived without cracking at all.
    I was really confused as to what had happened, and so just continued on to the shop.
    But the whole way I was thinking... Who would throw a boiled egg?
    So on my way back, I saw the egg again, still intact lying on the roadside.
    I tapped it with my boot and the thing just shattered.
    I must have an egg based guardian angel.
    Go on. Try and get me pregnant. Bet you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭marthaclark

well done.

last halloween I was at a houseparty on bandon road.. outside having a fag with a girl from school and there were people scattering everywhere to get away from these kids throwing eggs.

we never moved and we never got egged. its the luck of the draw i guess.

the day you run is the day you get egged. that's for sure.

better off accepting your fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Ah, that's still going on - I was walking along the Grand Parade on a lovely summer's day in the 80's - feeling very proud of myself in my brand new white dress, happy with life - you know that kind of day............ when I walked passed the fountain where some girls were sitting (I say girls - more teenage tyrants from the wrong side of the tracks) and suddenly I felt this bang against my head, it hurt like hell, they laughed loudly, I didn't know what it was - but alas - I'd been egged, it was raw, and ran down through my hair and the yolk stained my new dress. I was really upset because I wanted to tear them to pieces but also because I looked a bit stupid, having to walk through the city with egg in my hair and my now stained dress. And they were nothing to do with any form of rag week, just bored brats out to cause problems. It's just not funny and if they're taking to doing it to passer bys from car windows, then somebody could get really hurt. I think I'm still psychologically scarred in that I hate to walk past a gang of kids, without thinking the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Happened to one of my mates in town a couple of months ago, the thing is she was having a really **** day. It was on Patricks St too. Pretty nasty **** tbh, hopefully they all die in a fiery ball of death after crashing into like-minded individuals. Try and get some reg plates if you ever witness it I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

This happened to me in limerick once too.
    Incredibly though it hit me ridiculously hard on the back, it bounced down onto the ground and survived without cracking at all....I tapped it with my boot and the thing just shattered. I must have an egg based guardian angel...

It probably originally hit you "pointy-end" first - very hard to break an egg that way. It would also have felt quite sore hitting you that way because of the smaller surface area.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Had a full Capri Sun thrown at us from a car on Barrack's Street last night- it exploded right in front of us but didn't hit us (Thank God, imagine smelling like watery orange juice for the rest of the night! Yuck!) Was definitely weird and random.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Must put a catapult & bag of ball bearings in the jacket pocket.. if I get egged, they're going to lose a window or two :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

heh,

yeh myself and a few friends got egged on the lough rd, last summer.. truly bizzare. somehow though we managed to avoid being soiled, in that one of the eggs hit my ex's arm, deflected off him without breaking and ran down the wall of a house, and one hit my foot and just rolled away..

strange couple of minutes..

the strangest things i've seen happen though in Cork, are drunken fights that turn all lovely and gushy, have you seen them..

grown men giving it socks and then all of a sudden.. " Ah no seriously man, i apologize, it was my fault" accompanying hugs etc.. or maybe thats just my experience?

It's not something you see in Dublin anyway, it's purely vicious here in my experience when it gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

So im not alone then?:D Although im not surprised there's more of this going on

I will be keeping myself armed at all times from now on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Delphi91 wrote: »
    It probably originally hit you "pointy-end" first - very hard to break an egg that way.

If you hold an egg between your thumb and forefinger at the pointy ends, no matter how hard you squeeze and put pressure on, it will NOT break!! swear to god!! saw it on tv. and tv never lies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I tried it.

The egg broke.

Does that mean I am mighty and you are weak?

Or I am mighty and the egg is weak?

Or the Egg is mighty and I am covered in egg?

Either way its bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

if your hand is bigger than your face you've got cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Tazzle wrote: »

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭buachaillbeoir

lol i remember doing this to a house once, but from a car never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Well its a bits stupid doing it from a car, all you need is their reg and a visit to the local Pig Stye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

craichoe wrote: »
    Well its a bits stupid doing it from a car, all you need is their reg and a visit to the local Pig Stye.
    They'll put a team of detectives on that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

was walking up by college last night when a car came arond the corner with some lads in the back who stopped whilstled and threw a few eggs, none hit but we were quite pissed off.
    Fast forward about 20 mins later walking up by glasheen road, saw about 3 garda cars and a paddy wagon ahead of us, they were stopped outside a party and searching the very lads/car that had tried to egg us, we laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cool_CM wrote: »
    was walking up by college last night when a car came arond the corner with some lads in the back who stopped whilstled and threw a few eggs, none hit but we were quite pissed off.
    Fast forward about 20 mins later walking up by glasheen road, saw about 3 garda cars and a paddy wagon ahead of us, they were stopped outside a party and searching the very lads/car that had tried to egg us, we laughed.
    Hauled in and charged with egg trafficking no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tazzle wrote: »

I know someone who broke a guys nose doing that! Ya gotta laugh at that kinda stupidity!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

this happened me before xmas,was walking up the road and a load of scumbags in a car threw eggs at me,luckily they missed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Been loads of eggs on the pavement near Daybreak and the Elec Eng building on College Rd lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Try and get me pregnant. Bet you can't.

ive never been one to turn down a challenge! unless your male cause then the game is rigged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It happened me once before, except unlike Dr Bollocko's experience, it actually was a hard boiled egg that caught me into the leg. Pity for the lads that threw it that the lights turned red before they got a chance to drive off. After taking off his driver side wing mirror with a well placed kick, I looked in, ready for war, expecting to see a car full of scummers. Turned out to be 3 pussy students ****ting themselves and looking frantically back and forth between me and the traffic lights :D

Got a bad enough bruise off it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Sounds like this type of crap happens often enough. Thankfully its never happened to me. Sounds like you got your own back very well DarkJagger, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Happened to me this year in Waterford at the sproai festival. They hit the wife on the head but it glanced off and smashed on a wall. She was nearly due so I lost the head and raced after the car. Managed to grab a rock and I think I broke/cracked the back window.

Not sure was it a good or bad thing I didn't catch the car

Advertisement