Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City to Cliffs of Moher

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Well boys & girls what is the best way to get from A to B, I presume buses from Eyre square might be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I think there is a tour bus that goes from down Forster st (just off Eyre Sq) by the tourist info office

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

allin-king wrote: »
    Well boys & girls what is the best way to get from A to B, I presume buses from Eyre square might be happening?

In addition to the tor bus, there is also a scheduled Bus Eireann service.

Route 50, Galway to Cliff and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I would imagine these guys do a trip to the Cliffs...www.paddywagontours.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    I would imagine these guys do a trip to the Cliffs...www.paddywagontours.com

Not sure if they've got any one-day trips from Galway though.

At the height of the season there are about six (or more?) companies doing daily trips, and I think one does a half-day just to the cliffs too. Not sure who's running now, but some of 'em definitely are (big white buses parked on Merchants Rd in the mornings). And I'm told the tourist season kicks off in earnest on 1st March (ie Saturday).

Try googling "galway cliffs moher tour" - you get references for Galway Tour Co, Lally, Neachtains, Healy, etc etc. All the companies do pretty much the same tour. If it's shoulder season, and they don't sell enough seats on their bus, they just put you on to someone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

There was an agency at Merchants Road, city center. They arranged one day trips for 16 Euros. I've been there two years ago. I think it's the cheapest way to get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

JustMary wrote: »
    At the height of the season there are about six (or more?) companies doing daily trips, and I think one does a half-day just to the cliffs too. Not sure who's running now, but some of 'em definitely are (big white buses parked on Merchants Rd in the mornings).

Yeah, they all leave Merchant's road (right off Eyre Square) at 10 am in the morning. 20-25 euro a pop. You can buy tickets at the bus if they've got room available.

Advertisement