Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Attn - junkyard , re: the Astra

Options
  • 28-02-2008 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hello again,
    I meant to ask you that if there is water in the oil - would an oil change solve the problem or would it be a bigger job?
    Sorry I wasn't thinking properly when I posted my last comment - about being able to sort the car out for my bro - obviously I won't be able to, am so wrecked am not thinking straight. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's a bigger job than an oil change I'm afraid, it needs the engine to be dismantled and a new gasket between the head and block of the engine, get your local mechanic to check it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

The problem could have been easily fixed..

Your car has overheated resulting in your head gasket blowing.

If your lucky ! You might get away with the head gasket just needing a change, if you have drove on the car you are doing more damage to your cams and engine parts, due to the heat.

You need to get it looked at ASAP, and stop driving the car, get the head done, then you can start looking for the cause of your problem, IE your cooling system has a problem. Usually it is a thermostat that has cause the problems !

I would say your looking at around 500 euro min !

Advertisement