Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Production turning into an advertising board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

TelePaul wrote: »
    Yes. That's exactly what I believe.

well i really am not going to argue with you anymore. you clearly have a warped sense of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

jtsuited wrote: »
    well i really am not going to argue with you anymore. you clearly have a warped sense of reality.

Yeah, and I'm in the majority :eek: Scary isn't it?

Look, I don't want this to get personal. No problem with you, didn't mean to hijack your complaint. Just dont agree with what you're saying, that's all.

cornbb wrote: »
    The accusation that the Music Production is a host for such activities is wholly inaccurate.

Hold on a second, you already admitted to me in PM that the guy had been "toeing the line".
    So how is it 'wholly inaccurate' to make this accusation?

Contradictary arguments in fashion now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

eh where. every event he has drawn attention to was being run by his company http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055215041

or am i missing something?

Oh fine, so I missed that one.

That event was of genuine interest to our users. It happens all the time on boards. Here's an example from the Photography forum. Perhaps you'd like to hijack that thread too on your quest to rid boards of a community spirit?

Hold on a second, you already admitted to me in PM that the guy had been "toeing the line".

Dude, you know toeing the line means conforming to established rules, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Quick piece of advice man, I'm not weighing in on the disussion here, but giving details of pm's between yourself and someone else isn't cool

So how is it 'wholly inaccurate' to make this accusation?

Quite frankly, I said that to shut you up and get you off my back.

Oh fine, so I missed that one.

That event was of genuine interest to our users. It happens all the time on boards. Here's an example from the Photography forum. Perhaps you'd like to hijack that thread too on your quest to rid boards of a community spirit?

eh no. When a community spirit is used for someone's commercial gain yes I think there is a particular problem.

I brought that up in response to your blatantly wrong statement. in fact as far as i can see every event has been run by his company.

Btw, did i hijack the linked thread. no, as i thought ' this guy is new, seems a little bit like a marketing exercise but would benefit most people'.

a few weeks and constant 'buzz creation' posts later and i felt the need to speak up.

Quite frankly, I said that to shut you up and get you off my back.

so it was a lie? you don't think he's been toeing the line? you lie to people via pm on a regular basis?

and there was me thinking mods should have a reasonable amount of integrity.

eh no. When a community spirit is used for someone's commercial gain yes I think there is a particular problem.

I brought that up in response to your blatantly wrong statement. in fact as far as i can see every event has been run by his company.

Btw, did i hijack the linked thread. no, as i thought ' this guy is new, seems a little bit like a marketing exercise but would benefit most people'.

a few weeks and constant 'buzz creation' posts later and i felt the need to speak up.

You aren't by any chance studying marketing are you? I think theres a difference between what Pauls about and some sprt of genius stealth marketing campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

If you think that this guy is doing out of no commercial interest, you're just being plain silly.

Really pathetic.
    If I get a few people I know in that side of the business doing the same, you think that would be a good thing?

For god's sake, the guy is namedropping left, right and centre and making out that he has extensive pro experience(citation needed).
    I really am dissappointed at people on that forum not seeing through the sh1te-talk.

my god you guys are being extraordinarily naiive. I'm done with it.

I guess I'm a Pro, keeping an eye on what's going on that forum is of commercial interest to me. Being here lets me know who's about, what kind of work people are doing, who's using what etc. The project home studio has become a market for me too, not as a dealer but in other ways.

Why wouldn't a few more people with commercial interests joining in on the (ex-pro audio) forum be a bad thing? The people at Gearslutz and R.A.P. make no secret of their commercial interests, there's never any shilling wars going on there, if someone want's to tell me he has such and such for a certain price I have no problem with that.

PB has extensive experience, I first met him when he was one of the very few people in the country who could program a drum machine! You used to get paid for doing that alone, God be with the days... Anyway, to mention a client list that's not accurate under your real name and the company you work for would be daft, very un-cool in business circles. It's just not done. His being here is genuine interest in the forum and to help.

sh1te talk? (citation needed)

Oh, BTW OP! maybe you should compare these posts before you get back up on your horse http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055241868

and a "Sticky" I might add...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055164001

and a few others in Bands and Musicians too...

Ask the people!

PS. the replies to the PM's I receive always state that I am available for hire!

orestes wrote: »
    Quick piece of advice man, I'm not weighing in on the disussion here, but giving details of pm's between yourself and someone else isn't cool
    yes but when a mod (acting as a mod) blatantly contradicts himself, i feel it's fair enough to make it known.

so it was a lie? you don't think he's been toeing the line? you lie to people via pm on a regular basis?

and there was me thinking mods should have a reasonable amount of integrity.

Dude, PLEASE find a definiton for toeing the line. It means behaving yourself. So there's no contradictory argument; the beilef that Paul Brewer is 'toeing the line' and that your representation of Music Production is 'wholly inaccurate' are supportive of each other.

look at cornbb's 'quite frankly post' for proof that toeing the line in this instance meant 'being fairly close to breaking the rules'.

hence the reason he has used that fairly pathetic excuse for being contradictory.

look at cornbb's 'quite frankly post' for proof.

Proof of what?

All it proves it that you both might have used the phrase out of context; Cornbb might be able to confirm this. Personally, I found it confusing when I saw it too. Disinformation can do that - it's the chewbacca defense.

yes but when a mod (acting as a mod) blatantly contradicts himself, i feel it's fair enough to make it known.

You've got some nerve. I put up with your repeated in-thread finger pointing and patiently replied to your hysteric PMs when many mods would have banned you. I very, very rarely put my mod hat on in the MP forum and because I disagree with you you accuse me of having below-par integrity. For the record frobisher, the other active forum mod, agreed with me.

I'd love to hear feedback from other MP users on how me and frobisher run the forum. Getting lonely yet jtsuited?

Dude, PLEASE find a definiton for toeing the line. It means behaving yourself. .

the mod did not mean that he was behaving himself. while i know this phrase can often mean that, if you read up on it you'll find that it is an oft disputed phrase.

You've got some nerve. I put up with your repeated in-thread finger pointing and patiently replied to your hysteric PMs when many mods would have banned you. I very, very rarely put my mod hat on in the MP forum and because I disagree with you you accuse me of having below-par integrity. For the record frobisher, the other active forum mod, agreed with me.

I'd love to hear feedback from other MP users on how me and frobisher run the forum. Getting lonely yet jtsuited?

you've also got some nerve. trying to avoid the point that you said something 'to keep me off your back', and are now using the idea that popular opinion is of course correct.

"getting lonely jtsuited?"
    lol. i don't use the internet to feel some sort of social connection. clearly from your question you do.
    feeling popular cornbb?

toe the line

1. (idiomatic) To abide by the rules or conventions.

There, let that be an end to that stupid pedantic point. I'll kindly ask you to not reveal the contents of PMs.

Proof of what?

All it proves it that you both might have used the phrase out of context; Cornbb might be able to confirm this. Personally, I found it confusing when I saw it too. Disinformation can do that - it's the chewbacca defense.

yes he did use it out of context. and we both understood what he meant even though grammatically he meant something different

• Advertisement

There, let that be an end to that stupid pedantic point. I'll kindly ask you to not reveal the contents of PMs.

cornbb, me and you both know what you were saying when you used that phrase, don't back out now.

"getting lonely jtsuited?"
    lol. i don't use the internet to feel some sort of social connection. clearly from your question you do.
    feeling popular cornbb?

Lonely as in you don't seem to have support from many quarters here mate. Besides, social connections is what boards.ie is all about. You are getting personal now, I believe you don't have a leg to stand on. This is ridiculous and I am going to bed.

just to clarify the phrase was used within the context of 'crossing the line' ie breaking the rules. hence toeing the line in this context (while being quite inaccurate) clearly is meant to mean getting close to breaking the rules.

Lonely as in you don't seem to have support from many quarters here mate. Besides, social connections is what boards.ie is all about. You are getting personal now, I believe you don't have a leg to stand on. This is ridiculous and I am going to bed.

i really don't think that's what you meant. i think you'll find you brought it to a personal level first.

i meant sense of social connection ie. feeling you belong, a general sense of being included in a human sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

just to clarify the phrase was used within the context of 'crossing the line' ie breaking the rules. hence toeing the line in this context (while being quite inaccurate) clearly is meant to mean getting close to breaking the rules.
    I think you are over-analysing, and misinterpreting to suit yourself.

To me, if someone is described as "toeing the line", I take it that they are keeping within the rules.

Oh, and LOL at your Location, btw, given the tone of some of your posts here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Savman, just like everyone else, was on the opposite side of the fence to you. He was complaining that the posts should have been left there in order to continue the discussion, I don't believe that was in your favour.

Very seldom I'd agree with SAV. But I do.

See, grammar matters!!! While I don't agree that Paul is coming close, coming close to breaking the rules isn't the same as breaking the rules.

i really don't think that's what you meant. i think you'll find you brought it to a personal level first.

Well ya kinda kicked things off by calling Paul Brewer a **** talker......

telepaul, can you read this thread and please find why i brought up that fact. and also see what cornbb's response to being contradictory was. He knows what he meant, he admits that he said it to keep me off his back, and I'm pointing out why that is really pathetic.

• Advertisement

telepaul, can you read this thread and please find why i brought up that fact. and also see what cornbb's response to being contradictory was. .
    you wrote:
    I really am dissappointed at people on that forum not seeing through the sh1te-talk.

That's what you said, as for the why I can only imagine you said it for the same reasons that you started this thread - because you feel that Paul Brewer is using the Music Production forum to market his wares. Though it isn't a fact, it's your opinion.
    He knows what he meant, he admits that he said it to keep me off his back, and I'm pointing out why that is really pathetic

Well originally you were pointing out that Cornbb may have been in agreement with your views. So which is it? Either Cornbb was keeping an eye on Paul Brewer (toeing the line/coming close to crossing the line/whatever) or Cornbb was just appeasing you. Pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement