Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Production turning into an advertising board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Savman wrote: »
    Quite impressive but won't win you many friends.:rolleyes:

You've just thrown your entire argument out the window with that dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Quite impressive but won't win you many friends.:rolleyes:

Way to destroy your credibility. Anything else to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

TelePaul wrote: »
    You've just thrown your entire argument out the window with that dude.
    Why was I winning? Nope. Sorry but can't be arsed anymore with this ridiculous high and mighty stance or the notion that the Mod is God.

Meh.

cornbb wrote: »
    Actually I've said about enough to you as I'm prepared to in this lifetime. I'm willing to make the effort up to a point, but suffice to say I've just reach the end of my tether on the issue.

Why was I winning? Nope.

I dunno if you were winning. You weren't being childish though.

• Advertisement

I dunno if you were winning. You weren't being childish though.
    Is this PI now? You're way out of line boss. Nobody could say I didn't make a real effort to explain my position in great detail. I cannot dedicate any more hours out of my day on the issue, that is all there is to it.

cornbb is frustratingly bland in his replies so I think this is nearly my time to clock out.

Is this PI now? You're way out of line boss. Nobody could say I didn't make a real effort to explain my position in great detail. I cannot dedicate any more hours out of my day on the issue, that is all there is to it.

cornbb is frustratingly bland in his replies so I think this is nearly my time to clock out.

I think you did make a valid effort, and therefore purposefully misquoting was a bit of a shame really. It was just surprising, that's all, considering you'd fought something of a good fight. I don't think I'm out of line one bit.

I think you did make a valid effort, and therefore purposefully misquoting was a bit of a shame really. It was just surprising, that's all, considering you'd fought something of a good fight. I don't think I'm out of line one bit.
    No coincidence then that I find myself debating with 2 posters who both have links to MP in their sig, from the outside looking in it could be suggested you yourself have a MP bias. You've tried to be impartial, sure, but sitting on the fence will give you a sore ass. Maybe it's natural you came down on the side you did.

I think I can be forgiven for losing patience waiting for common sense to prevail.

No coincidence then that I find myself debating with 2 posters who both have links to MP in their sig, from the outside looking in it could be suggested you yourself have a MP bias. You've tried to be impartial, sure, but sitting on the fence will give you a sore ass. Maybe it's natural you came down on the side you did.

Well I'm a Music Production forum member who likes it just fine the way it is, you know? That's just my take on things. You had to have known that you weren't going to get things entirely your way in Feedback though.
    I think I can be forgiven for losing patience waiting for common sense to prevail.

I'm surprised an Admin hasn't had a look-in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

pot. kettle . black.

remember that thread, where you ended up saying something in haste like 'i only said that to you to make you shut up and get off my back'. Oh yeah, it was this one.

Cornbb, you are certainly nobody to lecture on credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is like watching an Italian football player argue with the ref

JTsuited.- you think there is marketing going on albeit it not openingly or blatant. In the opinion of the mods and other users, there is not. picking apart posts and stamping your feet isn't going to change the fact.

When everyone else is wrong- maybe it's just you.

SetantaL wrote: »
    This is like watching an Italian football player argue with the ref

JTsuited.- you think there is marketing going on albeit it not openingly or blatant. In the opinion of the mods and other users, there is not. picking apart posts and stamping your feet isn't going to change the fact.

When everyone else is wrong- maybe it's just you.

SetantaL - If you got to the MP forum, you'll actually find that one of the mods agrees with me (to a certain extent). You'll also see a few other posters have agreed with me.
    Have you actually read the posts which I am complaining about?

SetantaL wrote: »
    It's a fact now is it? I thought it was just your opinion, but I guess that's me told.

It's a fact now is it? I thought it was just your opinion, but I guess that's me told.

maybe he's referring to the fact that the mods don't see it the way that many others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

SetantaL - If you got to the MP forum, you'll actually find that one of the mods agrees with me (to a certain extent). You'll also see a few other posters have agreed with me.
    Have you actually read the posts which I am complaining about?

The mod retracted that pm which was seemingly sent to pacify you.

Your coalition of the willing consists of another banned user. Hardly conclusive.

Mightycushion has expressed
    Jtsuited, just to let you know, advertising is tolerated to a certain degree if a mod believes it is relevant to the forum and it's members.

Apart from arguing with everyone, what exactly is your point here? I've read the argument over who said what, where, when and how, but what exactly are you trying to achieve here. The advertising (such that it is) is within the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I've made a reply to a post over in MP that sums up my own feelings. It's here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55257135&posted=1#post55257135

frobisher wrote: »
    I've made a reply to a post over in MP that sums up my own feelings. It's here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55257135&posted=1#post55257135
    I'd love to respond but I've been reprimanded by one of your peers. Funny now that the very discussion I was banned for encouraging is being actively encouraged.

frobisher,
    seeing your views summed up there, you seem to know well what i'm talking about. I can see your point that it would never really get that out of hand.

there is a simple way to fix this - ask Paul Brewer how he found out about boards and why he registered as a user.

I apologise for bringing my issues up in someone's thread but I felt it was a valid place to bring it up.
    I probably should have made a thread like ICN did (who coincidentally seems to echo my sentiments exactly).

Saying that, the treatment I have received from Cornbb has been nothing short of disgraceful.
    Savman, don't worry about cornbb. You only have to look at how badly he has handled this whole matter to see what you're up against here.

Apparently i'm miraculously blessed to not also be banned!!! lol

btw,
    i have no problem with people like Studiorat, Trackmixstudio, etc. contributing to the forum as they do it well within the rules. In fact I have found their posts great (particularly TMS's Logic post).

There is a world of difference in how they use the forum and how Paul Brewer is using the forum.

I'd love to respond but I've been reprimanded by one of your peers. Funny now that the very discussion I was banned for encouraging is being actively encouraged.

funny indeed. And blatantly wrong. Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

For the last time, you were not banned for participating in that discussion, you were banned for ignoring a very clear order not to discuss that topic on that thread. Stop making out that you are a victim, you broke the rules and got banned for it. I'll stop wasting my breath repeating that now.
    jtsuited wrote: »
    I apologise for bringing my issues up in someone's thread but I felt it was a valid place to bring it up.
    I probably should have made a thread like ICN did (who coincidentally seems to echo my sentiments exactly).

Saying that, the treatment I have received from Cornbb has been nothing short of disgraceful.
    Savman, don't worry about cornbb. You only have to look at how badly he has handled this whole matter to see what you're up against here.

Apparently i'm miraculously blessed to not also be banned!!! lol

I've said all I have to say on the matter. If any admins wander along and find in your favour so be it, but i doubt thats gonna happen given that:

- You've accused a user of shilling and spamming in-thread
    - You repeatedly ignored mod instructions to stop making accusations in-thread
    - You revealed the contents of a private conversation between us on this forum
    - You have turned this into a personal thing against me - accusing me of not "having the balls" to tell you to shut up.

- You've accused a user of shilling and spamming in-thread
    - You repeatedly ignored mod instructions to stop making accusations in-thread
    - You revealed the contents of a private conversation between us on this forum
    - You have turned this into a personal thing against me - accusing me of not "having the balls" to tell you to shut up.

1. I said very specifically that I was not accusing of explicit shilling and spamming. And it's obvious that many people feel what he's doing is a more sophisticated form of it.
    2. Repeatedly? Not exactly
    3. Simply because what you were saying to me (as a mod) and what you were saying here were contradictory
    4. Again, you turned it personal first by explaining the reasons you had said certain things via pm.
    And you clearly didn't have the balls to tell me shut up.

Not very convincing points really. but we'll see what an admin thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well, I have ready all 8 pages of this post and I thought i'd give my thoughts on it.

Ok, I know Paul only from seeing him in MM. I don't know him personally in any way shape or form. But from reading his post and what others have said I know this.

Paul deals with Pro Audio.

Paul will match the Prices of any German based company. I did suggest to someone to contact him and Paul's suggestion was to go with a diff brand.

Paul lends stuff to people to try out before they buy.

Paul knows his sh1t

Paul is trying to runs an event with some of his buddys to show gear tips.

Paul tried to get us all some free stuff.... Don't think it worked.

Paul helps people get stuff fixed.

He likes the Blizzards...

Anyway thats enough. So is he advertising? If so, its not obvious.

There is no doubting that he has a commercial interest. So do many others including myself(on a very small scale). I do believe Paul was defending himself very well in the post and Yes I feel that jysuited is correct to raise his concerns and that Savman ban is stupid. As pointed out maybe all the objections where done in the incorrect place.

As for the modding of the forum, its a bit loose tbh. There are tons of treads in the wrong location, I've reported many of them and nothing was every done, except some stupid infraction thing which made me laugh alot!
    Note to all...PA's are not instruments!!

I use another online forum for Live Sound/Studio work and they take not crap from anyone. I would hazard a guess that 90% of the posters have commercial interests and this sort of **** does not happen there.

The likes of Trackmix in there very name is advertising on this site! Anyone got an issue with that??

Studiorat is another pro audio head. None of the above keep it a secret at all!

I welcome all the newbies to the MP forum, for the 1st time I felt that I could ask about Sample Rates and actually get a good response about it. Think I'll dug up my Command24 post from last year, as there seems to be people here now that actually might know what that is!

So, i is on the fence regarding the spam.... thumps down for the mod deleting posts and the ban'ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you're just gonna stand there with your fingers in your ears shouting "la la la la la" ...
    Lots of that going on in Feedback the last few days, on every side of every imaginable fence.
    You've tried to be impartial, sure, but sitting on the fence will give you a sore ass.
    Maybe, but at least the view includes both sides ...
    Why do I suspect that what you really mean is "for everyone to acknowledge I'm right?"

The only thing I have really got out of reading this thread is to make a mental note to never ever ever venture into the Music Production forum. Oh, and to wonder why the hell anyone would bother to moderate it.

The only thing I have really got out of reading this thread is to make a mental note to never ever ever venture into the Music Production forum. Oh, and to wonder why the hell anyone would bother to moderate it.

It's weird...before I read this thread, I'd have considered it one of the better forums.

The only thing I have really got out of reading this thread is to make a mental note to never ever ever venture into the Music Production forum.
    I don't care less whether you do or not to be honest, participation is voluntary as is moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't care less whether you do or not to be honest, participation is voluntary as is moderation.
    Really??!

Jeez, thanks for explaining that to me, I've been labouring under the illusion that participation was mandatory. You've really eased my mind immensely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

All this hullabaloo will pass. Simple.

also if savman's not gonna start another thread on it (which he should):

His banning was ridiculous. He was banned because he disobeyed a warning (fair enough). however nearly everyone on both sides of the fence have felt the warnings and deletions were not needed.
    It was a silly warning, most people can see it, and Savman was absolutely correct in not obeying a warning which clearly has no rational basis.
    I didn't post as I could see cornbb was on a serious power trip and was about to do what he did. probably selfish of me, but i felt it's better for my argument to not be banned.

I actually thought (and still do) that savman wasn't on my side of the fence at all. So when you've got both sides having a problem with the moderation, you really have to realise there's something wrong.

i really didn't think it would escalate to this level, but it did because of a mod contradicting himself, getting personal, making ridiculous warnings/bans, and other people actually speaking up to agree with me (something the mod in question informed me was not the case).

i'm finding it quite entertaining now, probably because I haven't got a ban and have witnessed first hand the type of mod cornbb is. The whole debacle is fairly laughable at this stage and should really serve as an example of how not to moderate a forum.

I would still appreciate the input of Ecksor or Dev on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

jtsuited wrote: »
    For god's sake, the guy is namedropping left, right and centre and making out that he has extensive pro experience(citation needed).
    I really am dissappointed at people on that forum not seeing through the sh1te-talk.

Gosh, you guys have been busy while I've been away haven't you?

I can handle being call '****e talker'. That's one man's opinion.

However I do feel an apology for being called a liar on a public forum would be in order, unless the accuser has any evidence to the contrary?

"making out that he has extensive pro experience" are the original poster's words.

If there isn't an apology forthcoming I'm sure the Forum members will come to their own conclusions on the accusers intentions.

I've never met him as far as I know, don't know who he is and don't care too.

I feel sorry for someone who would put so much effort into dissing me, someone he's never met, as, if I was guilty of ALL I've been accused of, it still wouldn't warrant such nastiness, either to me or to my 'defenders' most of whom I've not met either.

To them I say 'Thanks'

I am a bit of a name dropper though.... that's because I can!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement