Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How hard is it to find a bmw e46 for under 10k

Options
  • 28-02-2008 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

how hard is it to find a resonably priced e46 for about 6,7k?
    under 100k miles
    or a bmw with a e46 bodykit?
    been looking for a while and cant seem to find a nice one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

PM sent.

your heading says 10k, post says 6 - 7k. Which is it? I know a beaut 00 one, but a 7k won't buy it.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnkellaher

my bad its 6/7k cant change the title whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Uh, which varient of e46?

316,318,320d?

E46 M3? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

With this kind of budget (6-7k) your really likely to come across some lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

You may pick up a super high mileage 316i with bean tin wheels You can smile while you are left for dead at traffic lights by fiat puntos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I scanned Carzone, any 2000 E46 model has a average of 120k, they are either 316i or 320d.
    Well as far as I have scanned, I may have missed the Perl :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

you need to find more money or get real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Notch000 wrote: »
    you need to find more money or get real

Or choose a different car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

How hard it is to find a Bugatti Veyron for under 10k?

Sorry I meant 6-7k :D:D

Yes, yes, I know, I'm being a smart arse. I couldn't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

You'll find it hard to find a good E36 for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

OP: To answer your question, VERY HARD

Although you may find a scrapped one, in the scrap yard for that price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I got an e46 M3 for way less than that, fit's nicely on the shelf in my bedroom too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

bman wrote: »
    You'll find it hard to find a good E36 for that money.

I think 7K would get a fairly tidy e36, or was that a typo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnkellaher

oh whoops ya i did man that must of looked bad haha e36 not 46

oh whoops ya i did man that must of looked bad haha e36 not 46

Then I should think you could get a pretty clean one, though the mileage is likely to be in or around the 100K mark. I wouldn't let that be too much of a deciding factor though.

ya E36 are a good value car not at about 6-7K you could get somehting real nice, used to own one but they are heavy on the maintenance at this stage in life, i doubt a E46 would be any cheaper to run either

i'd recommend a 318is coupe, low milage with FBMWSH or higher 100K + with all the mid life jobs done, esp suspension (bushes, balls joint, shocks etc) high milage is not an issue besides. if maintained they should be good for 150-200 K withpout major work

Here's a nice one:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/318/IS-Coupe/534509/

Edit: whoops, no VRT paid.

Advertisement