Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBood 500 GB Argosy mobile video HDD - Feb 28th

• 28-02-2008 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Bargain, 140 Euro + 12 more for postage ... Almost identical unit in PC world is 200 ... pixmania 170+ depending on the unit.

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

If you download movies/ tv shows from the net or know someone who does (and will paste them on to yours:D) these are a absolute godsend!! Play your MP3 or show your digital photos too ... and at the end of the day its an external hard drive for backing up and storage of you data.

Word of advice, check what connections you have available on your TV BEFORE you order, don't wanna find you don't have the proper connections after ya buy (I know someone who did that!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

have this model from the last ibood, and its an absolute treat to work with, quiete fan, has a scart connection and upscales divx's to 720p also

paid 180e for it at the time also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It has scart... what tv doesn't have scart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

sorry not a tv techie but have a sony 32' (not flatscreen) know has scart but what other connections do you need for this?
    thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

quiete fan,

Thats if you dont drop it!

I've the 320gb version. Great little device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

have this model from the last ibood, and its an absolute treat to work with, quiete fan, has a scart connection and upscales divx's to 720p also

paid 180e for it at the time also!

Ditto! Great buy, great unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Woohoo! just bought one so lets hope its as good as everyone says :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

i know it says on site that it works on XP/Vista etc. would it work on my mac i.e. can i transfer my files on my mac to it, would it be recognised on the mac as an external hard drive. anyone try??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Does anyone know whether this will upscale a standard avi or DivX to HD quality, or will it be even noticeable? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have the older 320GB model but it's about time Argosy updated to HDMI. Component cables are a pain in the arse as everything else I have runs on either VGA or HDMI.

Still great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

davehey79 wrote: »
    i know it says on site that it works on XP/Vista etc. would it work on my mac i.e. can i transfer my files on my mac to it, would it be recognised on the mac as an external hard drive. anyone try??

It works on my mac. It recognises it like an external hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Does anyone know whether this will upscale a standard avi or DivX to HD quality, or will it be even noticeable? Cheers.

It'll upscale PAL to 720P over component, I picked up an Argosy last time
    IBOOD had them in stock and am very happy with the quality. (Usual
    caveat that the quality on playback is determined by the quality the video
    is encoded at).

I'm so happy with mine that I ordered another 2 last night.
    (And the Logitech Harmony Remote I also ordered on Ibood
    was setup in seconds and controls it perfectly ;) ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

got mine today...wasnt expecting it so soon....im impressed already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Mister Fister

fifib wrote: »
    got mine today...wasnt expecting it so soon....im impressed already!

Mine arrived today also, hope to fiddle about with it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Got mine yesterday. Tried out last night and works like a dream.
    Unfortunately my housmate using a Mac thought he had to format the drive and gave it a Mac file system and now it cant be read by the drive's system.
    Have to sort it out for him tonight. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It has scart... what tv doesn't have scart?

Some TV/monitors might not these days. Scart was never popular in the US AFAIK, it is not a great system. My plasma only came with VGA, I would have to buy a plugin scart board for it, it is a good idea, I never would have used scart, so I would not like to be forced to pay for a load of connections I would never use.

Even if it did have scart, someone might have wanted HDMI etc, so always check compatibility of equipment, never presume it.

Hooked it up last nite, very impressed. Im waiting on a full hd tv so had to test it out on the tube, excellent quality and nice little interface on the telly. Have loaded all my divx movies on there but i can see me running out of space soon enough, might need to pick up another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Got mine too and very impressed. Quick question though, i have a Sony LCD which is HD ready, and i've downloaded HD quality AVIs.. when I play them through this do I need to do anything with the TV settings or should it 'automatically' play as HD?? (sorry.. never used any HD stuff before..:confused:)

cbyrne wrote: »
    Got mine too and very impressed. Quick question though, i have a Sony LCD which is HD ready, and i've downloaded HD quality AVIs.. when I play them through this do I need to do anything with the TV settings or should it 'automatically' play as HD?? (sorry.. never used any HD stuff before..:confused:)

If you connect the Argosy using the component cables
    included in the box it'll upscale the picture to 720p.
    (You'll end up connecting the 3 cables for video and another
    2 for the stereo sound, so you should have 5 plugged into the
    back of the TV).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

(You'll end up connecting the 3 cables for video and another
    2 for the stereo sound, so you should have 5 plugged into the
    back of the TV).

Yep! Thats exaxtly what I've done.. good stuff. no need to be changing any config etc.:D

cbyrne wrote: »
    Yep! Thats exaxtly what I've done.. good stuff. no need to be changing any config etc.:D

Double check in the 'SETUP' menu that you have 720P and 16:9 switched on.
    (Details on page 25 in manual).

• Advertisement

Guys can one of you help me get the softeware to configure the box from the PC, can find it anywhere on the net

Advertisement