Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replicas of old Marvel editions...?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey all!

This may sound like a really noobish question, as I'm not really a comics buff...

But I was looking through my cousin's collection recently, and found a few editions of "Fantastic Four Adventures" from 2005. It's a part of the Marvel Collector's Edition, where they ran classic storylines.

They ran some really old strips from the origins of the Fantastic Four, like, the first appearance of Dr. Doom and the Sub-Mariner.

I found all the older strips so much more interesting and charming than newer comics, and I'd love to get my hands on more.

Is it possible to attain replicas of old 60's/70's Marvel comics? (I don't mean first editions now, just replicas!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Look for the Marvel graphic novels with Essential written in really big letters - there's a bunch of different ones for X-men, spiderman, Ironman, fantastic four etc. I know FP have a big pile of them [not sure which ones as I wasn't looking at them but its hard not to notice the big Essential written on the spine], Easons and some of the other book shops carry them as well but they might not have as big selection and you'd have to order them in. You can check this wiki page to see the years the books cover

There is also the Marvel Masterworks line which is hardcover, full colour [the Essential versions are softcover and black and white].

Advertisement