Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points..

Options
  • 28-02-2008 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Can you good luminaries of the boards please help me out?
    My wife & I are 'in discussion' over whether this is correct or not, I don't think it is. Anyway, a friend of hers got caught for speeding, she was driving a car registered to her husband, she has a full licence. But (and here's what I find incredible), when the points got send out, she got two, her husband (who was not in the car, she was fully insured on the car), got four ???

Can they do that ????? Do they do that ????

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Unless the car was defective in some way, ie: bald tyres, broken lights, not NCT'd etc. I can't see how the registered owner would get points if the lady in question was stopped and gave her own details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

f22 wrote: »
    Unless the car was defective in some way, ie: bald tyres, broken lights, not NCT'd etc. I can't see how the registered owner would get points if the lady in question was stopped and gave her own details.

Even then, if he wasn't driving how can he be at fault. It's not an offence not to have a car taxed/NCT'd/Fit for the road if you don't drive it on the road. It's not his fault someone else was driving it.

Maybe he was recently caught speeding (twice) or didn't accept his two points and got four, and is blaming the wife. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Most likely it was a photo radar job where the notice were sent to the owner, who when failed to complete the nomination form. As a result he was summonsed and got 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Thanks..

Thought it was suspect.. my wife drives rather erratically and was pondering banning her from driving my car if it were correct...:D

FBP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

as 007 said, there must be other issues, otherwise, no thay cannot do that.
    Banning the wife is aslo a good idea though !!
    just kidding !!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement