Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quattro GFX cards

Options
  • 28-02-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

well all,
    work in a Cad design dep and Im attempting to added some pc upgrades in to our budget. Now I am familiar with gaming cards , but this is a design department. Am I right in say that the Nvidia Quattro Cards are more suited to this and if so is there an ATI version as well .And where should i look at for purchasing . Redraw is proving to be a right B@st@rd as these designs get more and more complicated

cheers
    joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dabs sell Quattro cards anyway, not sure where else does. They are very expensive....the Ati equivalent is the FireGL cards. You can softmod many types of cards into Quatro/FireGL cards, so if you only need one or two on a personal basis this would be hundreds cheaper but obviously it's hardly viable for a company

Advertisement