Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Physio Ennis/Snn/Lim ?

• 28-02-2008 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Been looking online and have found a couple of physios in ennis and limerick.
    There's links to one in shannon, but haven't been able to get them on the phone.
    Anyway, the knees knackered and I'm going to get myself into Limerick sports store to check the shoes.
    But has anyone been to any of the phsio's? Do I need a sports physio specifically?
    Cheers and sorry for the moan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I've been to a couple of physios in Limerick.

The first I went to was the sports injury place down on Steamboat Quay (opp the Clarion Hotel). They seem to do a lot of work with rugby players and teh guy that looked after me was certainly a rugby type. Quite a through checkover and gave me plenty of stretches to do at home as well as doing the usual physio painfull pulling and prodding. Personally I thought he was a little over cautious - I went to a couple of sessions and he had booked a third (which I cancelled) and in retrospect I think I may have been ok with just a single session.

After a 10k a long time later I had slight calf / foot pain and I took advantage of teh free physio rubdown. The physio there said my calves were very tight and I should get them looked at. I booked into teh sports injury place in Raheen. Very good physio there, again lots of painful prodding but she also did some infrared and TENS stuff, again lots of advice on stretching. The physio I saw does a little running herself so gave sensible advice about the recuperation phase and left the option of a second booking at my discretion (call if you need to). I def. prefered her. However my wife went in with bad foot pain and was diagnosed as having dropped metatarsal heads and we had orthotics made. rather than helping they increased the pain. We stuck at it for a while but about 6 weeks later she went to our GP (himself a marathon runner with sports injury interests) and he instantly spotted Plainter Fascitis, told us what to do and teh pain has since eased considerably.

Don't know if this helps or not and they are just my experiences, good luck and hope teh injury clears up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I went to the guy opposite the Clarion, Sports plus, I think the practice was called. Thought he was good and thorough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

Thanks very much guys. All good information.
    For your own infor, I've heard good things (in work) about:
    Gerry McIntyre - Shannon - 061 719583
    http://www.shannonsideclinic.com/

Advertisement