Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal girl

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

nikki 122 wrote: »
    i hate to admit it but you are right, but i'm not being clear enough i don't mind not having a relationship i just want to meet a nice guy that i have things in common with and someone to make me laugh and cheer me up when i've had a bad day thats not too much to ask is it???

I understand, but surely you have good friends who can do this too?

Are you still in school or in college? I didn't meet any nice boys til I went to college (not that I didn't love my male school mates but there were all mates)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

yeah but can you make out with your friends? i think not . . but seriously .. i'm in college and the only nice lads i've met are the guys on this site!!

nikki 122 wrote: »
    yeah but can you make out with your friends? i think not . . but seriously .. i'm in college and the only nice lads i've met are the guys on this site!!

Dont judge a man (or woman) by their e-persona!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dont judge a man by his e-persona!
    Very true but whilst one should heed the warning, we're not all bad in real life :)

kaimera wrote: »
    Very true but whilst one should heed the warning, we're not all bad in real life :)

Well Im not but u hear stories!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

IMO, the only time people end up in good relationships, are when they are happy being by themselves. They like themselves, treat others well and treat themselves well and they don't have any major hang-ups that they are trying to fix by going out with someone.
    In short, there's no point in asking what someone's ideal woman is and trying to live up to that because it will soon become obvious that that's not who you are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Smart, funny, small, thin ...with lots of fire power.

That's what I need right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Smart, funny, small, thin ...with lots of fire power.

That's what I need right there.

Let's cut the crap! Avril Lavigne would suffice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Does she have lots of fire power?
    Ah, I'll have her anyway, I have enough fire power for the both of us...ahem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I dont think there is an ideal girl.

First serious GF was great but i was 18-22. We ended badly but talk occasionally now. Looking back she was a great person but have moved past that and wouldnt be interested in her now.

Next girl had it all from outward appearance. Really really attractive(punched way above my weight class for her!) but was about as exciting as a wet blanket when we finally got a relationship started.

Next girl really liked very self confident very abrupt but also a total sweetie but for various reasons it didnt work out.

Current Gf, we bounce of each other well and I can make her laugh a lot.

You will not find someone that ticks all the boxes but aslong as they tick enough boxes for you to be happy then its ok.

• Advertisement

Lola123 wrote: »
    IMO, the only time people end up in good relationships, are when they are happy being by themselves. They like themselves, treat others well and treat themselves well and they don't have any major hang-ups that they are trying to fix by going out with someone.
    In short, there's no point in asking what someone's ideal woman is and trying to live up to that because it will soon become obvious that that's not who you are.

Well said, thats about it right there. What you should really be worried about is your ideal person not your OH's. If u be yourself and they stay with u then you're winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

slim/confident/funny

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

slim/confident/funny

slim confident funny axe murderer

bluewolf wrote: »

slim confident funny axe murdering poet loner with a love of the outdoors and a fetish for chocolate body paint.......... Perfection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Must speak at least two foreign Languages fluently
    Must proficiently play at least one musical instrument
    Must have some combat/martial arts training
    Must have two constantly available modes of transport
    Must have minimal family or loved ones
    Must be interested in time travel

If interested Pm me....No time wasters or tire kickers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Must be interested in time travel...

time wasters

why would it matter? surely this is a trick question? did I win?

call me....x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

bluewolf wrote: »

Well im not skinny.... but if its an O.N.O then PM me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Grinderman

Be Yourself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well said, thats about it right there. What you should really be worried about is your ideal person not your OH's. If u be yourself and they stay with u then you're winning.
    I agree lola123 has it pretty much nailed. Be you first. Love is a funny thing though. I've been attracted to quite a few women in my time, but I've only loved two. What attracted me to them, I could witter on about for a while, but as others have said, what did it for me maybe wouldn't do it for others. All I can say is I learned from them and they made me the man I am today(such as that is:D).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I would have to say i agree with the posts about being happy with ourself first. I was in a shity relationship for nearly a year and a half on and off, guy was a complete Wanker, and i stayed cuz i was afraid of being alone, sad i know but when your not the prettiest or most confident of girls you sometimes settle for second best. But it got really bad and well it finished and i was terrified, and i started out saying i need to find someone else, im gonna die alone, i needed validation, and i thought you could only get that by being with someone. But as time went on i got more comfortable with myself and finding someone became less and less important. Till eventually i was happy spending time with my family and friends and jsut being me. And then all of a sudden i met a guy on boards (just pointing out that you said the only nice guys you met where on here, whats wrong with meeting someone here, if its met to happen it will). ANd a year and a half later we are living together and i am the happiest i have been in a long long time.

Take your time, live your life, be happy with yourself and it will happen.. Trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Grinderman

The fear of being alone, i believe is what makes most people start relationships. As i look back at a lot of people i have known they never seemed to be in love, just in a relationship. Sometimes when you are out with these people in a bar, you would think that they would be better off single. I haven't been in many relationships, but the ones i did have were very good and i was in love.
    Garry

okay i've made my decision i'm going to do whatever the hell i want i just don't care i'm sick of dealing with all the hassle and worry of boyfriends it's not the be all and end all of my life i bet as soon as i stop looking something will pop up fingers crossed i'll be interested then !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Doing what the hell you want is a very attractive quality in a girl/women (as long as it doesn't involve binge drinking and projectile vomiting)

My list for ideal girl is:
    A girlie tomboy. not high maintenance. Quite happy in a pair of combats and vest top, but can be girlie when needed.

Doesn't fart in front of me (and I in turn won't in front of her either)
    Active and fit
    small pert boobs (I've been out with an H cup girl and big breast just aren't for me)
    looks good with short hair
    narrow hips (honestly I'm not into boys)
    A passion for music (the ability to sing and play a bonus)
    Doesn't drink to excess
    Will challenge and inspire me to be the best I can.
    The ability to forgive thoughtlessness on occasion
    Likes chick flicks and finds it cute that I'm guarrenteed to cry
    Doesn't nag!

Some of these are deal breakers some I can compromise on, which ones I don't know until I've met the girl.

ha ha good choices there .. for the record what classifies as high maintenence is it dressing up too much and looking in the mirror a lot or is it a girl that only cares about herself in the bedroom??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

high maintenance = clingy/attention whore.

kaimera wrote: »
    high maintenance = clingy/attention whore.

how is clingy high maintenance thats just plain straight out annoying and unattractive i always thought it meant vanity and selfishness in the bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

high maintenance to me is just selfishness, not just in the bedroom.
    someone who thinks everything should be done for her.
    she is difficult to keep pleased, therefore high maintenance.

ah that makes sense isn't it your lucky day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
    I want a girl who knows what's best
    I want a girl with shoes that cut
    And eyes that burn like cigarettes
    I want a girl with the right allocations
    who is fast and thorough and sharp as a tack,
    She is playing with her jewelry, she is putting up her hair
    She is touring the facility
    and picking up slack
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong jacket

I want a girl who gets up early
    I want a girl who stays up late
    I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass
    She is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack,
    She is touring the facility and picking up slack
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooong,
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooong jacket

Nananananananananananananananananana

I want a girl with smooth liquidation
    I want a girl with good dividends
    At Citi Bank we will meet accidently
    We will start to talk when she borrows my pen
    She wants a car with a cup holder armrest
    She wants a car that will get her there
    She is changing her name from Kitty to Karen
    She is trading her MG for a white, Chrysler LeBaron
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong jacket

Nananananananananananananananananana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Shallow stuff:

erm
    Brunette mostly
    Long hair (mmmm curls)
    Shorter than me by a fair bit (6'3")
    B/C bewbs (pert like above that don’t flop out the side, laying down)
    Curvy bum (mm with a wiggle walk and wears French knickers)

And:

Slightly nerdy.
    Loves rugby.
    Caring and thoughtful.
    Reasonable.
    Creative.
    Expectations that are guiding and inspiring.

Advertisement