Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal girl

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Jackz wrote: »
    No can do baby cakes, you see like Tommy Tiernan I'm all about the bush, the comfort love bush I think he called it, like a nice soft pillow you can rest you head on and fall asleep or keep travelers checks safe on holiday. No I'm afraid your going to have to go away and work on that. Oh lose the bf too while your at it and stick up a few more shots; side view and rear elevation would be nice.

Longing to give you a tour of my kitchenette,

Jackz

Sorry Jackz, I change for no man! Your kitchenette can go to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

LadyJ wrote: »
    Sorry Jackz, I change for no man! Your kitchenette can go to hell!

It's cool LadyJ, I understand you went for the lasering it off option and now you cant meet my expectations. Feck this internet dating craic is harder than I thought, next.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Guys, take it to pm or something.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Shallow stuff:

erm
    Brunette mostly
    Long hair (mmmm curls)
    Shorter than me by a fair bit (6'3")
    B/C bewbs (pert like above that don’t flop out the side, laying down)
    Curvy bum (mm with a wiggle walk and wears French knickers)

And:

Slightly nerdy.
    Loves rugby.
    Caring and thoughtful.
    Reasonable.
    Creative.
    Expectations that are guiding and inspiring.

LOL - that's me too

unfortunately, though, i have a BGRH man whom i met online:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

nikki 122 wrote: »
    will someone please tell me what are lads looking for in a girl, i;m very confused the longest relationship i had only lasted 3 and a half months my ex was always complaining about me, like if he asked me if he could go out with his mates instead of meeting up with me i would not bat an eyelid i just said why the hell are you asking me? then he would rant about how i did not care about him, so the next time he asked me i told him i wanted to spent time with him he laughed in my face and said he did not care what i thought and he was going anyway, whats up with that??
    i'm not clingy enough one minute and too clingy the next so i'm just curious, generally what makes the perfect girl???

There is no such thing as the perfect girl, relationships are about compromise and good communication, beauty is in the eye of th ebeholder, just be yourself, no need to put on any false fronts, be brave

• Advertisement

Shallow stuff:

B/C bewbs (pert like above that don’t flop out the side, laying down)

Pertness is where they are sitting when your standing up.
    AFAIK only falsies stand up on the flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Pertness is where they are sitting when your standing up.
    AFAIK only falsies stand up on the flat.

Ah yea I mean within reason, just not most of the volume of the bewb hangin out the side, one pointing at each bedside locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

There is no such thing as the perfect girl, relationships are about compromise and good communication, beauty is in the eye of th ebeholder, just be yourself, no need to put on any false fronts, be brave

thanks mate i've learned it the hard way but you're right!!
    just sick of lads only ever after 1 thing with me i'm not being vain but looks are all they see no lad wants to know the girl under the mask:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nikki 122 wrote: »
    thanks mate i've learned it the hard way but you're right!!
    just sick of lads only ever after 1 thing with me i'm not being vain but looks are all they see no lad wants to know the girl under the mask:(
    So after 4 pages you've finally figured it out? :)

ha ha yeah so my only solutions are to get plastic surgery to make me unattractive or give up !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Meh, beauty, even objective beauty is common enough and it can be transitory and it can fade. Not even with age either, you can get used to looking at someone and if they don't have that extra something then it can get boring. You need more. You can get tired of sleeping with the most gorgeous woman if they wreck your head. I've been with women I once thought(and they were) beautiful, that started to look like grannies when the madness kicked in. Regardless of the size of their decolletage, or how tight their arse is, headwreckers, gameplayers and neurotics are by far the least attractive women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Wibbs wrote: »
    Meh, beauty, even objective beauty is common enough and it can be transitory and it can fade. Not even with age either, you can get used to looking at someone and if they don't have that extra something then it can get boring. You need more. You can get tired of sleeping with the most gorgeous woman if they wreck your head. I've been with women I once thought(and they were) beautiful, that started to look like grannies when the madness kicked in. Regardless of the size of their decolletage, or how tight their arse is, headwreckers, gameplayers and neurotics are by far the least attractive women.

so true, i know someone like this and it gets soooo tiring listening to them say that the reason for all there problems is cause there good looking. It seriously gets on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

Here's my ideal girl.. perfectly summed up by 'Cake'...................

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
    I want a girl who knows what's best
    I want a girl with shoes that cut
    And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
    Who's fast and thorough
    And sharp as a tack
    She's playing with her jewelry
    She's putting up her hair
    She's touring the facility
    And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
    I want a girl who stays up late
    I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
    Who used a machedy to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
    And sharp as a tack
    She's touring the facility
    And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation
    I want a girl with good dividends
    And at the city bank we will meet accidentally
    We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen

She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest
    She wants a car that will get her there
    She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen
    She's trading her MG for a white Chrystler Laberan

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket

crafty little poem lol .... here is a heads up i'm in exactly the sam place as i was when i started this post still no decent men but i remain hopeful !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ushers says it best.. "A lady in the street and a freak in the bed":D

Thats what we want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Ushers says it best.. "A lady in the street and a freak in the bed":D

Thats what we want :)

That's what they SAY they want, until you turn out to be more 'freaky' (and by freaky I mean open-minded) than him, and then you're a slut :)

I'm being facetious, but really... what men say they want and what they actually want are two different things. Same goes for women, just in different ways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

shellyboo wrote: »
    That's what they SAY they want, until you turn out to be more 'freaky' (and by freaky I mean open-minded) than him, and then you're a slut :)
    Not far wrong. I've heard of that one sooooo many times. Small willy/ego on the part of the bloke in that case though.
    I'm being facetious, but really... what men say they want and what they actually want are two different things. Same goes for women, just in different ways.
    Agreed. Funny I can kinda translate the "what women actually want", but even though I'm a bloke I'm much less clear about what men actually want as a generalisation. Beyond the obvious lack of headwreck(though even there....)

All I can think of is that men are even more looks oriented than they say or will admit to, especially in the initial stages. Women are looks orientated too, but not nearly to the same degree as men. I've known a few women who didn't physically fancy a guy at all until they got to know him, then couldnt keep their hands of him. I can't think of one guy in my life like that. They will completely write off a woman as a potential girlfriend(though not always as a legover) on that basis alone.

They don't like doormat women, unless they've their own issues, but they're not nearly as averse to wussiness in a partner as women are.

If I look back at the women I've known who've had the most success with men, both attracting them and sustaining relationships maybe that's a better angle. They tend to be objectively physically attractive, though not too much funny enough. They're open emotionally and they don't play games. They have their own lives but are open and willing and want to share with a partner. They're not overly strident types, for want of a better word, but are their own person.

For me personally, the biggest personality trait I would go for is emotional consistency. That is not that easy to find TBH. I hear women say the same so its not just a gender thing. I like to know where I stand and if I get even a sniff of confusion/game playing it turns me off pretty much overnight. Now I could be different there as I do know men who seem to thrive on the chase lark. I really don't. At all. Never really did.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pm sent :D:D

Yeah I know what you mean. A friend of mine was going out with a really great girl, attractive funny and very smart but he said she was as exciting as a wet blanket in bed.

He dumped her to get someone wild.. he found her... then he dumped her cos he couldnt handle her bedroom antics, thought it was a bit odd.

He now says he wants a happy medium :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Here's my ideal girl.. perfectly summed up by 'Cake'...................

Awesome, i posted that exact song in a similar thread a few months ago! :pac:

Cake ****ing rock.

For me personally, the biggest personality trait I would go for is emotional consistency. That is not that easy to find TBH. I hear women say the same so its not just a gender thing. I like to know where I stand and if I get even a sniff of confusion/game playing it turns me off pretty much overnight. Now I could be different there as I do know men who seem to thrive on the chase lark. I really don't. At all. Never really did.

Amen.. Playing games is a no no..
    for both sides.

• Advertisement

All I can think of is that men are even more looks oriented than they say or will admit to, especially in the initial stages. Women are looks orientated too, but not nearly to the same degree as men. I've known a few women who didn't physically fancy a guy at all until they got to know him, then couldnt keep their hands of him. I can't think of one guy in my life like that.

Very, very, very true.

They will completely write off a woman as a potential girlfriend(though not always as a legover) on that basis alone.

Also true, but men will flat-out deny this if questioned on it. Men will sleep with women they think are unattractive, women they don't fancy. I can't fathom this, at all. I couldn't sleep with someone I didn't fancy; and furthermore, if I'm prepared to sleep with someone, I'm prepared to be in a relationship with that person. For me, I don't know about other women, the criteria for sex and relationships are the same... this isn't true for men.

I could start into the nightmare that is the madonna/whore complex, but I won't!

Game playing is the surest way to send a man running I can think of. Emotional consistency is harder to achieve than not playing games, though.. I think the trick is to realise when you're being hormonal and emotional and irrational and if you can't curb that behaviour, at least apologise for it later. It's hard work!
    Pm sent :D:D

Yeah I know what you mean. A friend of mine was going out with a really great girl, attractive funny and very smart but he said she was as exciting as a wet blanket in bed.

He dumped her to get someone wild.. he found her... then he dumped her cos he couldnt handle her bedroom antics, thought it was a bit odd.

He now says he wants a happy medium :confused:

Sometimes sexual liberation is more of a hindrance than a help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Also true, but men will flat-out deny this if questioned on it. Men will sleep with women they think are unattractive, women they don't fancy. I can't fathom this, at all. I couldn't sleep with someone I didn't fancy; and furthermore, if I'm prepared to sleep with someone, I'm prepared to be in a relationship with that person. For me, I don't know about other women, the criteria for sex and relationships are the same... this isn't true for men.

Look, i understand that you are just making points but i have to be honest, the generalisations that appear about men are insane, even those about women.

I have known plenty of women for whom sex is exactly what it is for plenty of men, an enjoyable experience that they like. It does not need love to be a part of their lives, they can just enjoy sex.

I have also known plenty of men who didn't really pursue sex outside of relationships, much prefering to sleep with someone in a relationship with a strong emotional bond.

I have also known plenty of female friends to end up with a bloke that they did not find attractive for a one night stand etc.

I am not being picky, but you have made an enourmous blanket statement and are so far off bat it insane.
    The magic word is "some", surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My ideal

wickedly filthy sence of humar, motivated, confident, perosnality which rocks,
    pretty looking, a freak in the bed, i dunno really oh and tall, but not stick insectly skinny..... :)

Dragan wrote: »
    Look, i understand that you are just making points but i have to be honest, the generalisations that appear about men are insane, even those about women.
    Nature of the beast though in fairness. Everything in a discussion of this nature is a generalisation. Hell people even generalise with particular people in particular situations.
    I have known plenty of women for whom sex is exactly what it is for plenty of men, an enjoyable experience that they like. It does not need love to be a part of their lives, they can just enjoy sex.
    I agree. In fact I'll throw another generalisation on the fire; a reasonably attractive outgoing woman of 25 is going to have a lot more partners and sexual experience(though the former doesn't always mean the latter), than the equivalent man, all things being equal. More often than not they'll have more than the guy they're with and certainly won't come out with a figure to the guy(dead sensible too for the most part). Indeed I would go so far as to say that more women like sex, more often than many men. I've personally heard far more women complain about lack of nookie or quality nookie in a relationship than men.
    I have also known plenty of men who didn't really pursue sex outside of relationships, much prefering to sleep with someone in a relationship with a strong emotional bond.
    I do too, but I would have to agree with shellyboo that broadly more women think like that. They've more to lose biologically for a start.
    I have also known plenty of female friends to end up with a bloke that they did not find attractive for a one night stand etc.
    They found them attractive enough for a one nighter though. Usually for the same reason as guys though. Beer goggles and lust.

Yeah, I left out the magic word, sorry... It was most definitely implied though. I wasn't attempting to tar all men with the same brush at all.

Yeah, I know some too - me for one.

I wasn't saying women don't have sex outside relationships, I was saying that I personally couldn't have sex with someone that I wouldn't consider dating... do you get me? I know it seems like the same thing, but it's not. I certainly don't have to be in a relationship to have/enjoy sex, and I don't expect a relationship from every man I have sex with - but I couldn't just shag some bloke I didn't fancy and would never date, which is something I've seen SOME men do :) If I have sex with a man, I would consider being in relationship with him. For me, the selection criteria are the same. I don't have a 'he'd be ok for a shag' category in my head.

Of course, I completely accept that.

I don't know any women like this, but of course that's not to say they don't exist. I know I just couldn't. I don't even understand on a physical level how it's possible to have sex with someone who you think is unattractive. How can you be aroused by someone you don't fancy? It baffles me.

I am not being picky, but you have made an enourmous blanket statement and are so far off bat it insane.
    The magic word is "some", surely?

Of course it is... I obviously wrongly assumed that the 'some, not all' would be inferred. I should know better, clearly. I don't think I'm insanely off bat either, I'm just presenting observations from my experience of men and women. Your experience is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

For meeeeeself:

Not what Alan Partridge would term 'A mentalist'

Cute (best be honest. Looks are always going to be important. I don't think its the be all and end all, but realistically can a relationship survive without some physical attraction? I like cute girls. If Hollywood was open I'd nick Zooey Deschanel or Jenny Lewis, to give you an idea ;))

Social and outgoing. This would come back to the bit about music below. Somebody who'd be happy to hang around the same spots as me, so I never felt I was dragging her/she was dragging me somewhere the other didn't want to be.

Bit of style (for serious. nice dressed women ftw)

Good taste in music. Nothing connects people like an MP3 player. Needn't be a perfect match though!

Relaxed (A take-things-as-they-come attitude. I've done the over-stressed other half, not fun. Lot of weird phone calls!)

Non-Smoker. I used to get given out to by an o.h for drinking Guinness, but theres NOTHING WORSE than ciggies in fairness!!!

Romantic. Explains itself really.

Allowing me to be a football geek and choose to spend my Friday nights standing in a damp shed in Inchicore. Saying that, its important I'd allow her time to do her own thing to.
    Space----

Confident in herself.

---

I'm not the perfect man, in fact no such thing exists. Same for women. The above is purely an aspirational wish-list, as sent to Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I think for guys (me personally and all my mates) one of the things which first attracts them to women is good looks. Now guys visions of good looks vary wildly but one of the first things we look for is attractiveness.

As for guys sleeping with women they aren't that attracted to well I do think it is a hormonal, spread the seed thing. However I would find it very difficult to sleep with someone I don't fancy in some way (generally for a one night stand guys look for looks).

However having said all that if you're looking for a relationship a girl with an ugly personality you put me off much more than a girl who I wouldn't consider smoking hot.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    For meeeeeself:

Not what Alan Partridge would term 'A mentalist' Check

Cute (best be honest. Looks are always going to be important. I don't think its the be all and end all, but realistically can a relationship survive without some physical attraction? I like cute girls. If Hollywood was open I'd nick Zooey Deschanel or Jenny Lewis, to give you an idea ;)) Check

Social and outgoing. This would come back to the bit about music below. Somebody who'd be happy to hang around the same spots as me, so I never felt I was dragging her/she was dragging me somewhere the other didn't want to be. Check someone you can go out with but at the same time someone who would recognise that you want to go out with the lads too. (The same would apply with her and the girls)

Bit of style (for serious. nice dressed women ftw) Check

Good taste in music. Nothing connects people like an MP3 player. Needn't be a perfect match though! Not so important although I would have serious issues with someone who listens to Britney Spears etc., would have to be respectable but not necessarily similar taste to me

Relaxed (A take-things-as-they-come attitude. I've done the over-stressed other half, not fun. Lot of weird phone calls!) Check

Non-Smoker. I used to get given out to by an o.h for drinking Guinness, but theres NOTHING WORSE than ciggies in fairness!!! Check although it has to be said my girlfriend smokes - not heavily but she would on a night out. Trying to think of ways to get her to quit without seeming pushy

Romantic. Explains itself really. Not so important for me, I suppose a caring thoughtful side is necessary but I wouldn't be into cheesy romantic stuff

Allowing me to be a football geek and choose to spend my Friday nights standing in a damp shed in Inchicore. Saying that, its important I'd allow her time to do her own thing to. Yeah couldn't bare being on a leash a bit of trust goes a long way

Confident in herself. Check nothing worse than an insecure lady much more trouble than they are worth

---

I'm not the perfect man, in fact no such thing exists. Same for women. The above is purely an aspirational wish-list, as sent to Santa.

Yeah as you can see pretty much all of the above although I would have a couple of additions.

1) She has to be smart - can't stand dumb girls, I don't want to spend half the time explaining stuff to her. Would have to be an intellectual match to keep me interested.

2) Would have to be straight with me. I'd regard myself as pretty honest I would expect the same from her. If she starts playing games to try and get what she wants instead of just asking. Guys generally aren't too subtle, we won't pick up on veiled hints. Tell me the truth and usually I will do it cause if I'm going out with someone I want her to be happy

Despite this long list I have a girlfriend who ticks most of these boxes so I can't complain really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

^Fine taste :pac:

On a few things:

The going out with the lads/the girls thing. While its important you can go out with your own mates seperately, you've really hit the win jackpot when she gets on with your mates, and vice versa. ON THE DOWNSIDE, one of my best mates went out with a girl we all thought was brilliant socially, but when they broke up that made a sticky diplomatic mess for everyone. Tricky one.

As for the romantic stuff, I don't mean wishy-washy cuddly teddys, its very hard to explain actually. Thats the beauty of it!

Spot on on the issue of honesty too.
    If she ticks most of them boxes, congrats- take care of her, and get her off the feckin' nioctine and you're laughing mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    If she ticks most of them boxes, congrats- take care of her, and get her off the feckin' nioctine and you're laughing mate!

I know I'm going to have to start hiding the fag boxes on her.:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

someone whose not needy, is cool and by that i mean sort of tom boyish but yet not too much. someone who just likes sitting around and has some interesting stuff to say. someone whos relaxed and not too fussy. for me personally someone who is cynical.

not fat, not a scummer, not bleach blonde hair, no emo just someone normal.

Advertisement