Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal girl

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think emo chicks can be pretty damm hot when they want to be.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

might just on the off chance be hot in some american movie, or something but in ireland they tend to be a little bit porky.

ive seen maby 1 or 2 who looked good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

don't think i am stupid or anything but what is an emo girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

nikki 122 wrote: »

They don't all look the way i'm about to describe but i always think, black choppy hair, loads of eyeliner, skinny jeans, wristband thingy's.... in between goth and rocker maybe?.... i like it. i doubt it'd suit me but some of them look cool.

oh does not sound bad i used to dress like a goth ah they were the good old days they are not really individuals anymore though because they all dress the same now am i right or wrong?
    bottom line most of them are attractive

• Advertisement

black-emo-hairstyle-330x440.jpg

tiara-emo-hair.jpg

some guys like rock chicks other punk emo is emo they like bands like parmore and stuff i beleave im 100% on emo culture....

ok its official what lad would not like emo girls, seriously i would be curious to know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ok its official what lad would not like emo girls, seriously i would be curious to know

I dunno, they do like an awful lot of crap music which is a big deal breaker.

I dunno like i dont really know any but i like them i think easch emo chick on my travells has been different there flamboyent yet its weird but i like it ...
    I think due to the fact that emos have got the sterio type of being cutters ...
    that guys stay away from them

come on now does music really matter or are you a little bit scared of them... kidding everyone has different types what is yours

and i agree with snow-monkey you cannot judge a book by it's cover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

do bee do bee do !:P

So what your saying if a chick your seeing likes music you dont its unexceptable..LMAO man you sound like you may as well marry your self .....What so your a music guru you know loads wow... But insted of going oh Im no interested in you because your taste in music is brutal, would you not intraduce her into some other music before casting the stick of you listen to crap music etc seems just slightly up your own rear end..
    come on now does music really matter or are you a little bit scared of them... kidding everyone has different types what is yours

I dont really judge at all, I dont have the right....

So what your saying if a chick your seeing likes music you dont its unexceptable..LMAO man you sound like you may as well marry your self .....What so your a music guru you know loads wow... But insted of going oh Im no interested in you because your taste in music is brutal, would you not intraduce her into some other music before casting the stick of you listen to crap music etc seems just slightly up your own rear end..
    I dont really judge at all, I dont have the right....

Calm down, calm down... Can't take a joke?? or maybe I should have inserted a smiley, which I'm getting sick of doing:D
    I'm not a fan of Emo but I wouldn't knock someone back cause they liked crappy bands like Westlife or Paramore. I would have to protest if she made me listen to them tho.

not getting thick or anything just saying that you should not judge someone by music now don't bite my head off
    a previously said introducing someone to your music helps

not getting thick or anything just saying that you should not judge someone by music now don't bite my head off
    a previously said introducing someone to your music helps

Don't worry, not biting anyones head off. It was more a retaliation to Snow Monkey.

so is it wrong and judgemental to have 'high standards'

so is it wrong and judgemental to have 'high standards'

There's nothing wrong with having standards, if everyone had no standards at all then I think we'd see a lot less posts about "how come I can't get a gf/bf" . As long as your not confusing having standards with leagues, to say someone is out of your league. It was discussed recently. That's wrong to have that sort of mentality

Calm down, calm down... Can't take a joke?? or maybe I should have inserted a smiley, which I'm getting sick of doing:D
    I'm not a fan of Emo but I wouldn't knock someone back cause they liked crappy bands like Westlife or Paramore. I would have to protest if she made me listen to them tho.

ahh well thats not so bad i can se your point but, you cant really be a nazi of music :D... having said that my od ex gf anoyed me when she put on the black eyed peas in my car, once she did it again and i droped at a bus stop :cool:......... she never did it again.....;)

true i agree with that now, no leagues, just standards... i feel sorry for people with high standards they will never find anyone like my mate he will never have a girlfriend, just drunken and sober one-nighters

in reference to home run homer

ahh well thats not so bad i can se your point but, you cant really be a nazi of music :D... having said that my od ex gf anoyed me when she put on the black eyed peas in my car, once she did it again and i droped at a bus stop :cool:......... she never did it again.....;)

IN YOUR CAR??? That's a dumpable offence.
    true i agree with that now, no leagues, just standards... i feel sorry for people with high standards they will never find anyone like my mate he will never have a girlfriend, just drunken and sober one-nighters

in reference to home run homer

Have you pulled your friend aside on him being a hypocrite in terms o his standards? - saw your post in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

I have several long term relationships, 4 years, 2 years, 1 year, all the way down to 6 months/3 months. From my experience the perfect girl is:
    • Pretty
    • Easy Going
    • Like to take care of herself (dresses well,excercises)
    • Is not jealous when I want to do stuff myself
    • Into sports
    • Ambitious
    • Appreciates me
    That's it! Don't think that's a lot to ask seeing as I have a lot to offer in return :pac:

nope i am too afraid to tell him he tends to over react when confronted :-(

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    I have several long term relationships, 4 years, 2 years, 1 year, all the way down to 6 months/3 months. From my experience the perfect girl is:
    • Pretty
    • Easy Going
    • Like to take care of herself (dresses well,excercises)
    • Is not jealous when I want to do stuff myself
    • Into sports
    • Ambitious
    • Appreciates me
    That's it! Don't think that's a lot to ask seeing as I have a lot to offer in return :pac:

my god you just named out all my qualities! kidding, nope that pretty much sums up the perfect guy too

IN YOUR CAR??? That's a dumpable offence.

I know why do women think they can just change music in a mans car having said that il happilly do it in a womans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Luckily for me I have my ideal girl, however it did take me 2 long years to find her, she is everything I want, jawdroppingly beautiful (to me anyway), cute also :D petite as I wouldn't be the tallest of men, doesn't smoke nor over-indulge in anything. She has a great sense of humour, can make me laugh and vice versa, she is trustworthy and loyal, is very fit and keeps her body in great shape (not a must, but a bonus!) doesn't expect anything from me, which makes it even better when I give her something.. Very appreciative and wants me for who I am, doesn't try to change anything about me..

I can echo the thoughts of other people here and say it really really was worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

Her family owns a pub and she does it on the first date. ;-)

you must have a lot of money... kidding good for you, i hope you are true in saying it was worth the wait..Dave147

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

you must have a lot of money... kidding good for you, i hope you are true in saying it was worth the wait..Dave147

Well the tricky thing about it is it's not worth the wait until you actually meet the person and fall in love.. I had been chasing this girl for months before I finally got her, she had a bf but broke up with him a couple of months to me properly asking her out.. I'm 23 and she is only the second person I would actually call my girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Unfortunately there are guys that just treat you badly because they've tested the water and they realise that they can get away with it. My last boyfriend accused me of everything from being a stalker to being crazy. It shattered my confidence, but my current boyfriend seems to be sticking around :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

No such thing as the ideal girl.
    My ideal girl would be into extreme horror movies,heavy metal,can make me laugh until my sides hurt,loves football,doesnt complain when I fart(not that Im overly flatulent BTW :D ),gets on with all my friends- even the dicks,can cook,loves stephen king and mark read,would sit up listening to Tom Waits,drinking cheap beer and talking crap until 6 in the morning,makes me smile when she texts,makes me tingle when I see her,loves dogs,hates cats,watches boxing,hates shopping,wears practical rather than glamorous shoes,wouldnt get mad if I forget to call,ambitious without being career obsessed,could spend a whole Sunday in bed,nice smile,brown eyes,sweet,good natured,crazy and stable in equal measures,doesnt take life or herself too seriously,likes Bruxelles and isnt obsessed by celebrity and the latest fad diet.

Ive had GFs with some of the above qualitys in varying measures and Ive enjoyed my time with them all because each and everyone of them helped me grow in different aspects of my personality.

The fact is we have to find someone that we like being around and that the small things that make us different arent major issues.Everyone changes to varying degrees when in relationships,its just human nature,the key is to be true to yourself and who we are at our core.If someone expects you to change who you are or you feel you have to make drastic changes just to attract someone then it poses the question,are they worth it?In my very humble opinion the answer is a resounding no.

PS,if anyone happens to know a single girl matching the above description ya might do the decent thing.:p

Edit - I think the below quote sums it up much more eloquently than I ever could.

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

Sam Keen

Advertisement