Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal girl

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

My ideal girl wouldn't over analyze everything

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bogzilla

nedtheshed wrote: »
    No such thing as the ideal girl.
    My ideal girl would be into extreme horror movies,heavy metal,can make me laugh until my sides hurt,loves football,doesnt complain when I fart(not that Im overly flatulent BTW :D ),gets on with all my friends- even the dicks,can cook,loves stephen king and mark read,would sit up listening to Tom Waits,drinking cheap beer and talking crap until 6 in the morning,makes me smile when she texts,makes me tingle when I see her,loves dogs,hates cats,watches boxing,hates shopping,wears practical rather than glamorous shoes,wouldnt get mad if I forget to call,ambitious without being career obsessed,could spend a whole Sunday in bed,nice smile,brown eyes,sweet,good natured,crazy and stable in equal measures,doesnt take life or herself too seriously,likes Bruxelles and isnt obsessed by celebrity and the latest fad diet.

Ive had GFs with some of the above qualitys in varying measures and Ive enjoyed my time with them all because each and everyone of them helped me grow in different aspects of my personality.

The fact is we have to find someone that we like being around and that the small things that make us different arent major issues.Everyone changes to varying degrees when in relationships,its just human nature,the key is to be true to yourself and who we are at our core.If someone expects you to change who you are or you feel you have to make drastic changes just to attract someone then it poses the question,are they worth it?In my very humble opinion the answer is a resounding no.

PS,if anyone happens to know a single girl matching the above description ya might do the decent thing.:p

great post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

.....one that will have me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

My ideal girl would know that I'd want her to make an appearance ASAP.

*sits and waits a bit*

She may not exist folks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

nikki 122 wrote: »
    my god you just named out all my qualities! kidding, nope that pretty much sums up the perfect guy too

Perfect guy meets perfect girl on boards.ie = marriage material, every poster invited to mount juliet for wedding, biggest pis* up ever.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

Sidney2 wrote: »
    Personally, i find a girl who's quite genuine with a good sense of humour, to be extremely attractive, some of my male friends would be of the same opinion.

I do find girls who are quite into their looks/and have a high opinion of themselves to be off-putting. She'd be more into herself than you.

Don't get me wrong, the girl would have to been reasonably attractive, she doesn't have to look like a model or anything...there is a lot of guys like me out there, who find genuine-ness to be a nice trait in a single girl.

i am entirely shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i am entirely shocked

are you kidding or did i miss something?

are you kidding or did i miss something?
    missed something.... seriously when do you come accross someone that is into 'genuine girls' instaed of fakers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

missed something.... seriously when do you come accross someone that is into 'genuine girls' instaed of fakers!
    theres plenty Nikki.. maybe if start looking for "genuine" guys , then you'd have better luck , i've seen some of you post before, about one guy not being a looker ,correct me if im wrong but i do re call that..

i dislike people who base everything on looks, that girl could be and stunner , and yes all his friends would be jealous, but what happens when you have to talk to this person etc, if there not much else there ie personalitiy , other than being self obsessed, the attraction would last long.

most "genuine" people go for more than looks..

emo!! wrote: »
    theres plenty Nikki.. maybe if start looking for "genuine" guys , then you'd have better luck , i've seen some of you post before, about one guy not being a looker ,correct me if im wrong but i do re call that..

i dislike people who base everything on looks, that girl could be and stunner , and yes all his friends would be jealous, but what happens when you have to talk to this person etc, if there not much else there ie personalitiy , other than being self obsessed, the attraction would last long.

i see where you are comming from i know looks are not important and i prefer to be friends before i go out with someone..... the guy i was talking about was an a*****e i did not mean for it to convey that i only like looks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dancer/Ballerina/Gymnast.

its nice to get back to what the tthread is about

so boys what floats your boat???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

emo!! wrote: »
    t

Most men that just go for looks are fairly boring and uninteresting anyway.

'Bendy' is the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I like girls that are smart, and that challenges me in some ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah yeah yeah. then you'll see her do the splits and you'll get all scared if you're up to the challenge...
    like most men:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd only see it as a challenge or a worry, if it was suggested I attempt the same thing. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Good looking
    Brown/Black Hair
    Exercises
    Wears minimal make up
    Smiles a lot

That's the type that will initially catch my eye and probably every other blokes. After that it's just luck with what you're left with.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OP: Best advice anyone could give you:

Stop worrying about being the "ideal girl".

Be yourself, don't try to be what you think someone wants you to be.

And don't settle for anyone that treats you like that again in the future! :)

Advertisement