Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title Problems Help Needed

Options
  • 28-02-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

I updated a web site for my sister in law and have not been able to get the "Title" to show up in the Browser Tab in IE7. It is just showing up as New Page 1. Can someone have a look and tell what the problems is??

I have placed the "title" on different lines between the head and /head but still no luck. I'm at a loss.

The site is bridalhairbymarie.com

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Oh yeah, Its the same on all the Pages.

Thanks

Me Again

OK I just deleted the "Meta Name Keywords Tag" and now the Title is showing up on that page. Is that not weird? Can I not have both of them??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sevenie wrote: »
    Me Again

OK I just deleted the "Meta Name Keywords Tag" and now the Title is showing up on that page. Is that not weird? Can I not have both of them??

You are using frames, which I wouldn't recommend unless completely necessary.

Your frameset is calling two pages - contents.htm and start.htm - where the titles are correct. However, the title that is displayed will be from the page that combines the two pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

D'oh!

Add a doctype, saying what version of html your using, and close your meta tags like this <meta ..... /> and see if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

eoin_s wrote: »
    You are using frames, which I wouldn't recommend unless completely unnecessary.

+1

Edit: already answered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If there is an unclosed quote on in a tag, it usually swallows up any subsequent tags.

So for e.g. if it looked like this:

<meta name="keywords >
    <title>Some Title</title>

Then Everything from the k in keywords to the </title> tag is consider to be part of the name property of the meta tag.

Thank You All very much.

Got it sorted. It was eoin_s who had the right solution. Once I checked the Frames Page HTML it was showing New Page 1 in the title.

So thanks a lot, I love these Boards.

Thank You All very much.

Got it sorted. It was eoin_s who had the right solution. Once I checked the Frames Page HTML it was showing New Page 1 in the title.

So thanks a lot, I love these Boards.

No problems, but before you're too far down the road, you should consider dropping the frames altogether. They're not needed for your site, and they're not user friendly. They remove the ability for people to bookmark or email links to pages on your site etc. You could easily replicate the same look and feel with a CSS 2 column layout.

Yeah I know the frames are not the best and I have tried to play around with CSS but I usually end up tearing my hair out. I used Front Page for the site but was playing around using MS Expression Web for CSS and maybe I'm stupid but I could barely get started.

Yeah I know the frames are not the best and I have tried to play around with CSS but I usually end up tearing my hair out. I used Front Page for the site but was playing around using MS Expression Web for CSS and maybe I'm stupid but I could barely get started.

There's quite a steep learning curve with CSS alright, but it's well worth knowing.

Try this page to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I found this tutorial to be very helpful when I was trying to get my head around CSS. The author walks through a new layout from scratch step-by-step.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would you not consider getting the website designed and developed professionaly? It would be quicker and a lot more stress free! Plus, a good website is a step forward in helping any business. :) Good to see someone using an email address at their domain, the amount of sites that have Gmail or Hotmail is rather humours!

Advertisement