Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dollar vs Euro

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

If you want stuff guys now is the time it just hit $1.50
    Basspro, cabellas you name it. Just remember to keep the parcels small and below the limits:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dshooter

HI,Just wanted to know do cabellos ship guns and if they do wat price for shipping thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Dshooter wrote: »
    HI,Just wanted to know do cabellos ship guns and if they do wat price for shipping thanks.

Have you looked at their
    website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 F-ClassWillie

With the cheaper Dollar does this mean CenterFire Ammo from the USA is
    going to get Cheaper. Every time I go to get a box of ammo the price has gone up! The price of lead, The Chinese are all are to blame who will it be next ( the greens) every excuse under the sun. Will the importers pass on the US dollar reductions I somehow doubt it. Rip off Ireland has only one gear and its foward only, no reverse included. Can we buy in cheaper from
    the North if a club buys in bulk just wondering, as the cost of getting into
    F-Class looks to be pricy when you consider this side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

The excuse I'm sick to the back teeth of is "look at the price of Lead" and "if you think it's expensive wait till next month, theyre going up again"

The clothing and shipable stuff from US is very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

a mate of mines in northern ireland was buying some hornady brass for reloading a 308 and was charged an arm and a leg for it , when he queried the price he was told "theres a war on you know":eek::eek:

• Advertisement

If the cost of lead is really the cause of recent price increases across the
    board, why is it that the cost of the average centerfire Cartridge is more
    or less the same. Looking at my 22-250 one of the most popular cartridges in the world and its 55g bullet the amount of lead it contains compared to a bullet several times it's weight still has the price more or less costing the very same as it's big brothers. 9mm pistol I bet has twice the amount of lead if not more, I know more pistol ammo is used but the lead is lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

"theres a war on you know"
    Yeah, but aren't the US/UK forces using .223? Ooo-er...

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

If only we could import.. the ammo prices and varieties are brilliant although you get depressed looks at sites like Cabela's! :o

These tracers would be nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, but aren't the US/UK forces using .223? Ooo-er...

they also use 308 but not in the same quantity as 223.

I would imagine that imported ammo is shipped a couple of times a year
    to this country, if the quantity is imported for the complete year all in one go obviously the cost of importing is reduced? If this is the case why the constant hands in the air from the dealers crying the price of lead.
    The quantities must be the more or less the very same year in year
    out, if this is the case why now the regular hikes if the stock is in place. This does not help to get people into the sporting side of the sport, you could fly cheaper some days to places in europe than fire a box of ammo here. Perhaps some other reason explains whats happning but clubs getting togeather and placing a single order might be the way to keep the
    prices under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

SIR mailorder from Canada ships internationally provided that you supply all the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I wouldn't put all the blame for ammo prices on the dealers. They buy from a distributor and importer as well you know...

Meathstevie I dont think it is about a blame game, Just is it possible to
    see can the ordinary shooter who is not some millionaire have his ammo
    at a fair price or best price, if it can be bought by a club / clubs in bulk the prices might work out to the user at even better prices.

Do you think the fall in the Dollar will have any effect this time
    next year if Importers happened to buy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

time to buy a zeiss conquest scope for next season i think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭jimmysull

The ammo price issue is the same as the oil price issue
    You can't blame the chinese.
    The simple equation is that as the dollar falls in value the price goes up like it does for lead or oil. The realty is that while all these big commodities are priced in dollars the market values them in other currencies like the euro.

The dollar has just hit a a new low with a Euro now costing $1.52 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

wonder will the dollar keep falling, Im heading to states in summer and wondering should i buy dollars now or wait a while longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I was looking at a US place that would send to Ireland but the difference was only about €25 from Opticswarehouse in the uk. and they would alter the info to get the import duty reduced for you. Mainly Nikko scopes.
    http://www.kinneysshootingsupply.com/nikko1.html

I got a Nikko 8-32x60 from Opticswarehouse with Nikko flip up covers for £201 (€270). Ordered on Friday came today Monday in the post.

Advertisement