Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally free of 3 broadband

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Finally got rid of my 3 Broadband today. After 7 months ofterrible service I had enough. I rang 3 yesterday, and would not get off the line untill I was released from contract. After 20 mins of this, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and he released it for me straight away.

So, I cancelled the DD, and my 3 service is gone. I didnt want to pay for a new modem, and 3 wouldnt unlock the E220 for me. However, I found how to do it online.

It cost me 15 euro to unlock, which took 3 seconds. It's a whole lot better than shelling out 89 for a new one! Now i'm on o2, which is ten times the speed I was getting on 3, absolutly great.

If anyone is looking to unlock the E220 modem, just search google for "Kulan Kendi", this is the program that does it. All you need to do is:

Download the latest firmware upgrade from the Huawei website, this is in zip format, and has a flasher application.

Run this on the modem, and it will remove the old branded software, and install mobile partner, which is much better. When this is done, open the Kulan Kendi software, enter the username and password they sent you after paying the 15 euro, click execute, and job done.

I just rang three and told them about this, and they say its illegal to unlock "their" hardware. This is a total joke, as I bought the hardware first day. I really hope they try to take it further, id love to get a chance to expose them for the useless company (personal opinion) that they are.

Best of luck,

Ken

Advertisement