Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Timetables

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when the exam timetables are released?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

The first DRAFT is just doing to rounds now to make sure all of the exams have been included and been given the correct amount of time. These dates can change several times before the final draft but the majority of full time undergraduate programmes start on May 12th. There is no link to schedule as there are only hard copies available for inspection by staff in admin offices. I imagine some of the dates will start to filter through to students shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

talking about exams does anyone have an idea when in auguest the repeats are on just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

repeats are generally the last week in august and the first week in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Cremo wrote: »

thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Anyone got any updates on this? Kinda need to know asap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I got my timetable in the post yesterday

The post you say? What's wrong with just posting them online? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

AHhh 12th May is only around 5 weeks away, need more time!

Final Draft out last Monday March 31st and most have been sent out in post now. Feylya if you need to know urgently, either post or PM your course code and year and I will see if I can get them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yup, got mine in the post today!

• Advertisement

Hey Dufresne, I'm trying to get the timetable for DT249-3. Haven't been delivered in the post and it's been a week since the exam office was emailed looking for them. This college really is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

feylya you are better off ringing than emailing. I had a problem with my online modules registration sorted in a few seconds on the phone to them. Ring Eileen Byrne in Kevin st, 4024600

Excellent, cheers for the buckfast. I'll give her a bell in the morning.

Feylya - PM sent with details

Legend Dufresne. Ended up going up to the exams office to register... they forgot to tell us about the whole registering for exams thing. Oh, I do love DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

if you have registered should you have recieved timetables in the post by now?

Should have... Apparently I had to register for exams as did the rest of my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No i didnt have to register for exams, Hopefully im registered . Dont Fancy Coming up to Dublin During the summer:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Cremo wrote: »

Eh I was told first and second week of September, I'm away until a few days into the last week in August and have a repeat to do. Anyone able to clarify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Eh I was told first and second week of September, I'm away until a few days into the last week in August and have a repeat to do. Anyone able to clarify this?

Repeats don't start until September 1st at the earliest.
    This is because lecturers are on leave from June 20th until September 1st.

• Advertisement

Cremo and BC both make valid points. Lecturers are usually not required to return until Sept 1st BUT there are regularly repeat exams held in the last week of August. It can depend on the programme and how many exams have to be fit into the time available. There isn't a day between exams like in the Summer and if there are a lot of options to be examined then this may take two or more weeks. Next years academic calendar is already available on the DIT website here and everything seems to be a week later than this year- eg teaching commences 22/9 instead of 17/9 so there may be some leeway there for repeats not to start until Sept but, as far back as I can remember there have always been exams in the last week of August. You could always get some repeat exams and look at the dates on those to see when your course repeats are generally on. If I had to repeat however I would make sure I was back and ready to sit an exam by Aug 25th.

I definitely had a repeat in August before, that was 2004 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

hopefully the repeats don't start until september... august seems a little bit too early to me!!
    Does anyone know what the story is with registering for exams? I registered for my christmas exams, but I (or the rest of my class...) have not been told that we need to register for the summer exams, and we have already recieved out timetables... I'm in bolton st by the way, in case that makes a difference!

becah wrote: »
    hopefully the repeats don't start until september... august seems a little bit too early to me!!
    Does anyone know what the story is with registering for exams? I registered for my christmas exams, but I (or the rest of my class...) have not been told that we need to register for the summer exams, and we have already recieved out timetables... I'm in bolton st by the way, in case that makes a difference!

You only have to register once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

When do the final year exams usually start and finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

When do the final year exams usually start and finish?

The same as all the other years start and finish. Start 12th May, Finish 23rd May. It's on the academic calendar on dit.ie

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/academic/calendar/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My last exam is on the 28th May...

Advertisement