Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain DNS History site?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭

I've been working on some stuff here on domain statistics and history. Would a site that provides the nameserver history for domains (com/net/org/biz/info/etc) going back to 2000 be of any use? How often to people need to find out where a domain has been?

Regards...jmcc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'd probably try finding out the history of a site about once a week / fortnight ...

Would I pay for said service ... sadly no for you :)

I know there are similar services out there already
    http://domain-history.domaintools.com/

would you be targeting Irish Domains or just domains in general ?
    (I think I wouldn't have so much use for the .ie's history)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

forbairt wrote: »
    I'd probably try finding out the history of a site about once a week / fortnight ...

Would I pay for said service ... sadly no for you :)
    It is just a byproduct of all this database crunching I've been doing. I was going to put it up for free. :)

The problem with domaintools.com is that it only provides history on domains that it has been tracking (from what I remember).
    would you be targeting Irish Domains or just domains in general ?
    (I think I wouldn't have so much use for the .ie's history)
    All domains. Perhaps including .eu domains too.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd pay

Advertisement