Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing car

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

hi, was hoping someone could help me out here. I have a 06 316 bmw and i have found it is def soaking up the petrol lately. I seem to be always filling it :(.. my husband wants to change to the new passat engine (1.4 TSI), of course the volkswagen dealer swears this is the best option. Hopefully someone here can give me some advice or will it be much of a muchness.

thanks for the help;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

When was the last time you had your BMW serviced? There are a number of things that might increase fuel consumption. A change of oil and air filters may be of help. Seems crazy to trade in an '06 car just to save what, probably €10/week in petrol costs?

Does your car calculate mgp? Do you know what you're getting out of it? How many miles do you get out of a full tank? What kind of driving are you doing (lots of short trips/long commute/heavy traffic)?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mvpr wrote: »
    Seems crazy to trade in an '06 car just to save what, probably €10/week in petrol costs?

+1

Trading in a car costs thousands in transaction cost alone (not including depreciation)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What kind of driving are you doing? Is it urban/stuck in rush hour traffic type driving?

Advertisement