Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post ...grrrh

Options
  • 28-02-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Got a delivery notice last tuesday when I arrived home from work and decided to call down on wednesday evening to pick up the package. Wednesday morning the postman knocks before I left the house (first time ever) and gives me a package from sendit.com. I called down that evening anyhow to collect the package from the delevery notice and after five minutes the guy tells me there is nothing there. I mentioned that the postman dropped something into me that morning which he has never done before and the guy says he's new and that must be the previous days package. Today, I got an email from a friend who had sent me a birthday gift and had it returned to sender as it wasn't collected. They obviously have a great filing system in place if they can't find the previous days post! I'll be getting stuff delivered to work from now on. Incidentally I have to call to the same office this evening to collect an IBOOD, should I confront them about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

To be honest don't waste your time giving out to them will do feck all,you won't get anything out of it and no one will know who sent it back to the sender in the first place its An Post :rolleyes: its not worth your 5 minutes complaining all they'll do is shrug their shoulders and not give 2 hoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I know. just needed to get it off my chest. :mad: cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Oh well if you want to by all means give out hell to them I think we've all at some point had problems with them,better to vent it out then keep it in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

sweetie wrote: »
    Got a delivery notice last tuesday when I arrived home from work and decided to call down on wednesday evening to pick up the package.

Did you get the notice last week and only go down Wednesday evening to collect? If so then the item would have been returned to sender after 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Del2005 wrote: »
    Did you get the notice last week and only go down Wednesday evening to collect? If so then the item would have been returned to sender after 5 days.

no. got the notice on tuesday evening. Next morning postman rang dorbell about 8.15 (first time ever in nearly two years living there) with a parcel.
    Called to post office wednesday evening to collect 'other' package and no sign. I informed him of unusuality (is this a word) of postman calling that morning and he said that's a new guy he must have delivered the item form yesterday's notice. He turned out to be wrong though. Still really pissed about this tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Something similar has happened to me once or twice too. I've gone down to the P.O. the day after receiving a delivery notice in the post box, only to find that the postie has taken the package out again to re-attempt delivery. Talk about trying to be too nice.

Advertisement