Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry Requirements

Options
  • 28-02-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I want to do management and admin in Dundalk in Sept. I was looking at the college requirements and it says that I need to get 200 points and 6 passes, or a C3 in a honours subject along with 5 passes.

The course I want to do is only 135 points, so why do I need to get more than the course points to get into the college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

So, the minimum admission requirements are, as you say, 200 points on six OL subjects or 60+(5*5)=85 points in a combination of one HL subject and five OL subjects. 135 points (which, of course, may not be the figure this year) is higher than the latter of those combinations. So, for people taking at least one HL subject, they can get into DKIT on the CAO level. If a student takes only OL subjects, then he can't get in without 200 points.

On an aside, according to CAO statistics, the median entrant to the course had 305 points last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

europerson wrote: »
    , 200 points on six OL subjects or 60+(5*5)=85 points in a combination of one HL subject and five OL subjects. .

I don't understand what you mean by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean by this?
    The Institute's absolute minimum entry requirement, ignoring the CAO (other than using their points system), is either:
    • 200 points with six ordinary level subjects, or
    • one higher level C3 (60 points), plus five passes at ordinary level (five times five points), giving 85 points in total

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

europerson wrote: »
    The Institute's absolute minimum entry requirement, ignoring the CAO (other than using their points system), is either:
    • 200 points with six ordinary level subjects, or
    • one higher level C3 (60 points), plus five passes at ordinary level (five times five points), giving 85 points in total

Ah that's grand. That has cleared it up for me. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement