Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sdrawkcaB Compatibility

• 28-02-2008 2:01pm

Backards Compatibility...

Just a note to anyone buying old Xbox (non-360) games. Having seen the offer they had in Gamestop mentioned in another thread, I went in yesterday and bought 2 games for €8.....Pro evo 5 and World Championship Rugby (i actually wanted to get Brian Lara Cricket instead of Pro Evo, but more on that below).

When I got home I had a quick game of Pro Evo, everything was grand and I turned it off and put the WCR disc in. When it booted up, it told me that i had to update, which i did, and then it told me that this game was not compatible and therefore, unplayable on my 360. It also said that I may be able to download a different update and be able to play it.

I presumed that all original xbox games were playable on the 360. I have a Wii as well and all Gamecube games can be played on it, so i just assumed it was the sam for the 360.

I checked xbox.com earlier today and they have a list of games that are supported (here) so make sure to check it before buying any games.

I still got pro evo for 4 quid (although if they'd been able find the disc off Brian Lara, neither of the 2 games would work) which is a bargain, but I thought I'd let others know who weren't aware.

Can anyone tell me why they're not all supported?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

The basic reason is that its done through software emulation, as the hardware is not compatible, only the most popular or biggest selling games were made compatible with the emulator, the list is updated from time to time, its quite difficult to code an emulator that will run every original xbox game.

Advertisement