Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris - Medical Cert?

• 28-02-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Ok so I havnt sorted out my medical cert for the Paris Marathon that states I am fit to enter running competetions etc...

From the site

"To complete your registration, you have to send your medical certificate to A.S.O. on March 21st at the latest, after you will have to show it at Marathon Expo from April 3rd to April 5th , 2008"

SEE http://www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2008/us/r2_certificat.html

I assume this means I can just show the med cert when collecting my race pack at the expo rather than having to post it? Has anyone else sorted this yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

you can wait till teh Expo and tehy are they seemed fairly noncholant about it but my attitude was why take teh risk of them deciding they don't like your cert on teh day? If you have it why not post it and be done with it, one less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

I suppose you right there Amadeus...Off to the Doctor with me..TBH its a pain in the hole having to pay 60blips to a Doctor when there is nothing wrong with me and all he/she has to do is sign a little piece of paper..oh well, better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

trinewbie wrote: »
    TBH its a pain in the hole having to pay 60blips to a Doctor when there is nothing wrong with me

Make the most of it and take this opportunity to do a blood test for routine check-up if you have not done one in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

I handed it in at the expo the year I did it and there was no bother. I was in living in France the last few years and you needed a medical cert for every race. Photocopies would do as long as they were within 6 months. My doctor there never once charged for them - he'd just ask me what distance I was doing this time, write a doocument saying I was healthy, wish me luck and on I'd go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Did Paris the year before last and provided a doctors letter in advance by post. Less stress come the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I was in living in France .... My doctor there never once charged for them

and if he had, he would have only cost you €20 or so, not €60 like in Ireland:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

My doctor didn't charge anything. He's a marathon runner himself and had done Paris before but even so I just phoned up, explained what I wanted and it was waiting for me when I called in.

The cert is simply an insurance cover thing (as SP says), not a cert following a full check-up to sign you off as physically able to run a marathon. I have heard of some people writing thier own (even signing as "Dr Andy Medix"!) but of course no one here would do that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've signed a couple in my time. Whatever way the wording used to be, it required a doc's signature not a medical doc's sig. That had changed the last time I looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭deadlybuzz

I've run three separate marathons in France, and on each occasion brought a med cert, but was never asked to present it at registration/expo. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose, and anyone training for a marathon should consider a med check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

I has actually thought of using my photshop skills..ahem.....

Cheers for the pointers though, heading this evening for a long overdue check up anyhew..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 diagram

I ran the Paris marathon 2 years ago and they checked my cert at the expo. It's important to get it.

It's a brilliant race - the scenery is fantastic - you've made a good choice

Advertisement