Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking to a new website

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

My name is David Clayton. I have been a member on Boards.ie since September 2003. I am working for a company that hired me to develop a community website based on Music Festivals.
    It has just launched a couple of days ago (still working out a few kinks) and can be found at www.globalfests.com

I do not want to step on any feet as I am a great fan of boards.ie and adverts.ie , so I thought I would email you first to run something by you.
    The Global Fests website is brand new and I will now be pushing to get the word out.
    I’d like to offer some of your members a link to the site where relevant, for example here is a thread I’m currently watching:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055224309

I’d also like to put a link to the website into my signature if that’s ok?
    Please let me know your thoughts on the above requests.
    (I've also emailed this request to the admin account, as I'm not sure which is checked more regularly)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I believe it is ok to have a small link in your sig.
    Pimping it on a regular basis in threads is a no no.

However, as it has to do with music, will it be in anyway connected to Those Who Cannot Be Mentioned?

If so, then we cannot allow you to have the link in your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

We have no dealings with Those Who Cannot Be Mentioned,
    but if our members want to chat about their events, we will not stand in their way.
    (that's not a dig a boards, and hope we never have to deal with the same situation)

In that case David,
    I'd prefer an Admin made the decision as to whither you can have a link in your sig or not.
    Not being up on the law, I'm not sure what that would fall under, though I would have thought that linking to anything with Those Who Cannot Be Mentioned would not be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

I have got the go ahead for a signature from a boards admin, and am currently in contact with the moderators from the Gigs/ Events area to see if including a link in posts would be acceptable. Thanks for your feedback Beruthiel

Good stuff. Best of luck with the site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement